Thread: XTS 4000 FPP question

saberthree No Longer Registered

Question XTS 4000 FPP question

Afternoon Gentlemen, I was wondering if anyone has this same problem when in FPP mode to edit the channels on their XTS-4000. Basically, when I program a zone, instead of getting 16 channels per zone, I'll usually get only 15 sometimes 14 channels per zone. Usually its channel 10 and sometimes its channel 10 and 16 on a given zone. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? I dont really have a problem with it, just can be annoying at times. my flash code is 5A9081-001307-9

Also, Another question I have is does anyone have experience creating a scan list for the XTS-4000? do I have to do it through CPS or can I do FPP?

clark No Longer Registered

I never had an issue with the zones and I just set up my 4000 scan lists on CPS. One thing I did was hex edit my CPS for a bigger list and that helped with having a bigger variety.
    The first 4000 I got was defective and I had to return it. I was informed that there were many of them that had issues, I heard different reasons why including they were test models or were parts radios. Mine didn't have tags on it and that may be a clue as to the quality of radio.
    I know I didn't give too much info but I think it's some places to start. Creating zones is interesting in the CPS if you're not used to it too!
    Good luck and there's some very knowledgeable people on here to help!

Hmm, Im curious about hex editing now haha. The 4000 I purchased was from an admin on this site, pretty cool guy. The radio in question is not a test or parts radio to my knowledge...it has full tags and a legit serial number in test mode. I wish there was more info about the 4000, there arent any decent youtube videos!!!

I know there isn't much on here or anyplace but they are fun to play with! I use a 5000 now because of the power output and I couldn't reach any reapers very well. If I remember it was one watt on UHF? That was a down side to it that's for sure.

For the VHF model its 2 watts high and 1 watt low...for the UHF its 2 watts high and .25 watts low power. They are pretty fun to screw around with, I just love how people keep thinking its a really old phone and make fun of me for having such an old phone....if they only knew it has one of the most advanced encryption in the world. Plus surprisingly I was able to reach some repeaters 60 miles away with digital mode, and the other repeater the same distance to use IRLP and echolink. Its pretty fun being able to use DTMF and connect to a repeater in Australia to chat it up a bit with other countries.

Thanks

Just food for thought. If you upgrade your firmware to the latest and greatest, you'll gain 64 MPL modes. I have mine set up with all the UHF hammie splits and all 38 PL tones. That is just as good as FPP, without all the BS. Assuming you want FPP for ham that is.

I did that myself too and I used mine for ham and some local fire monitoring. What's your firmware?

@ exkalibur, do you mean DPL?? I have host version R19.50.00 and DSP version R19.50.00. When I am at work, I have it programmed to our work frequencies while Im stuck there...then when Im bored and on break, ill go to my ham zone and chat it up with random people on IRLP or echolink, it was actually more entertaining than I thought. While Im in town (i live out in the country) I set the radio for the local PD FIRE and EMS when im bored. I just love the awesome feature of putting the radio on internal speaker, and pick it up like a normal cell phone when it vibrates to listen. Its just very discreet and awesome..especially if you are at a gas station or store