Thread: XTS3000 Keypad not working

Allanboy No Longer Registered

Default XTS3000 Keypad not working

Good day to you all lol first post have to make a good impression.
    Anyway i have an xts3000 with a full keypad that is not working. When i press any key i get the low tone beep, same as when there is an un-programed button. I have changed the control board from a working model and the keypad works fine which makes me think it is the control board that is the problem but there is no error on the power up self test.
    All radio features work as normal including CPS read and write.

Does this sound like a control board issue?

Radio info
    Model: H09RDH9PW7BN

Thanks for any help with this
    Last edited by Allanboy; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:50 AM.

Update to this
    A moto repair centre has fixed it and only charged me the standard service fee so works well now.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,701 Times in 2,391 Posts

I'm more interested in the fact Motorola serviced your XTS3000 for you. Was this a local shop or a Motorola Depot?

It went to a local radio store and they send it on to a motorola centre.

Thanks

Really? Perhaps the local shop had parts on hand to repair it because Motorola doesn't repair 3000s any more. Last year, shortly after they EOLed the line, we tried sending them off to Depot and they were returned un-repaired.

Wow ok i'm feelin kinda lucky now!! I think it did go to motorola as i got a call from a motorola tech requesting i email a codeplug so he could confirm what flashcode i had, I sent him the codeplug to an employee number@motorolasolutions email address. And now it looks like a new radio both front and back housing are new.

mtp850 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I'm more interested in the fact Motorola serviced your XTS3000 for you. Was this a local shop or a Motorola Depot?
    OP is in Australia. The depot still service astro gear over here..... there is a **** load of xts3k/astro spectra gear still in service that get repaired all the time.

Thanks

I didn't realize that! Nice to hear they still back them up somewhere. Here in NA, they're pushing the newer radios by forcing obsolescence on the older ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotdelta View Post
    I didn't realize that! Nice to hear they still back them up somewhere. Here in NA, they're pushing the newer radios by forcing obsolescence on the older ones.
    Give it time, it will soon start happening here in Oz too. Victoria Police (Australia) have a small number of trial APX units at present and some other states have started to issue such also I believe.