Thread: List of all available X9000 / Spectra buttons?

PRC148 No Longer Registered

Default List of all available X9000 / Spectra buttons?

Is there a master list anywhere of all the available buttons that can be ordered for the X9000 or spectra series?

I found of the most bad ass web sites ever. It's www.frontpanelexpress.com. They have free cad software that you can use to make custom front panels and it keeps a running total of the cost if you submit the design to them to build it. I am working on the front panel for my Motorola Micom project and I'm using X9000 buttons with the light pipe pieces from behind as a retainer and illumination distribution. I picked up a digital caliper set at harbor freight today. I can't believe I never had one of these before. Screw the ruler man. This is making it a breeze to measure the A9 front panel openings and spacings to transfer over to this project. I am going to order it up with anodized black aluminum and custom engraved labeling with an opening for USB for firmware updates to the Arduino controller.

This reminds me. I need to start posting some stuff here about this project.

Would it be ok to host the code here for download?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

No problem! If you wrote the code, you're the copyrighter. You set the rules.

If it's Moto code, I have no problem hosting it so long as the radio is (obviously) unsupported.

It's Arduino code. It obviously includes hex strings that are custom to the radio so I don't know how that plays out but as for the code it's created on the open source Arduino free distributable IDE.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PRC148
    I picked up a digital caliper set at harbor freight today. I can't believe I never had one of these before. Screw the ruler man.
    Next you'll be telling us you've abandoned your abacus in favor of a calculator
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Yea no ****. My dad has one he uses for reloading and messing with guns but I never really used it. I have a bad habit of forgetting there are easier ways to do things.

I really hope spectra buttons are available for most of what I want. I don't recall if they made F1 F2 etc... keys or MENU etc...

Thanks

What I have found so far. Some are from the DEK box, but they'll fit.

1Ste
    3Lck
    4Sts
    5Rpg
    6Msg
    7H/L
    8Mon
    9Dir
    *Rcl
    #Del
    AirHn
    Call
    Del
    Dir
    ExRd
    Emer
    F/R
    Home
    H/L
    Hi-Lo
    Lock
    ^Mode^
    Man
    MPL
    Mon
    PA
    Page
    Phon
    ^Vol^
    Rcl
    Rpgrm
    Scan
    Sel
    Sirn
    Site
    Sql
    Wail
    Yelp
    ZN DN
    ZN UP
    Last edited by Avery Johannssenn; May 18, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks

All the buttons and their part numbers are in the basic service manuals. Watch out for revised part numbers. The ASTRO25 line uses the same buttons so you can use that basic manual for referance too.

Cool, thanks.