Thread: 7000 screen protectors

Thanks

Default 7000 screen protectors

Anyone try to apply a screen protector to the M3 display or the XE top display? Thinking of using a spare iphone one cut down to size on the M3 screen, and then maybe the top display. I still have the plastic on my front display, but after a year, its about ready to come off...

Thanks

I am sure you could use a Iphone or pretty much any screen protector cut to size.

I personally don't use a screen protector on my 7000. Screens still look brand new and I have had the radio since 2010. Mine is on my side every day in the standard case for work. The plastic on my radio has some dings and dents, but displays have not a scratch on em. I believe the front screen might be made from gorrila glass, it is very scratch resistent.

I would not worry about it, use it and abuse it. You can always buy a replacement case down the road, if it's an issue. But to each his own, especially if you have that HUGE XE top display, quite abit of surface area to get scratched. And I kinda think the top and back displays are made from differnt plastics, at least on a non XE version.

Oh, by the way I won't test how scratch resistent is for ya with a knife, LOL
    I would not say I am rough on my radio, but I defently don't baby it. I guess my thought is treat like I have had it for 2 years from the get go (the coolness of a new radio like the APX wears off by then) so if it fails it will fail hopefully be under warrant, and most of the time in my experiance Moto puts a new case on it for me.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

As moetorola said, the display glass on the 7000 is pretty much scratch proof. My personal 'beater' has taken a few spills, been thrown under the seat and forgotten about and still looks mint. In my opinion, screen protectors aren't needed on the APX.

Thanks

Firefighting, rain, railroading and everything in between...

Right now the yellow case doesn't clean very well with all the little ridges. I do treat it well - but rather not have to replace the case every six months.

Thanks

When I PM our fire departments Yellow radios that look 5 years old after 3 weeks., I use windex and heavily spray the case and use a tooth brush. From time to time our fire guys have filled up a sink and washed them with a tooth brush and soapy water submersed in the water. At first i was like, What The Hell are you Doing! They would say, "You said they were submersible" I could not really argue with that. Although I have told them not to do that and showed them the way I do it. Either way they look brand spanking new, besides the nicks and dings in the case, but like I said the display glass still looks new. And FF's are rough on their equipment, not intentionaly of course just part of the job.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 689 Posts

The front displays are made of Gorilla glass. At a sales demo I was at a while back they demonstrated the shatter-proof durability by putting one face-up in a hinged platform with a ball bearing on the underside and challenging people to stand on it. 300+ lbs. of dispatcher didn't break it.