Thread: EFJ 900 Transmit Sticks

nbannan No Longer Registered

Default EFJ 900 Transmit Sticks

I admittedly am very new to the EFJ programming as well as P25, but I have been able to get the radio connected to PC using USb to Serial & Cable etc.
    Using V2.x PCconnect. Analog & Digital channels all release he PTT (Light turns green once released etc.) but any of the "Pre-Programmed" channels behave the same as described in title. Conventional Preprogrammed Channels, the Transmit Sticks on (Red light like still in transmit) I have to flick the channel select to release transmit.
    I thought it was a hardware issue at first, but once I realized only the "Pre programmed channels" exhibit the problem, I believe it to be a programming issue.
    Reseated Ribbons & center connector with no change...radio works well with noted transmit receive issue on preprogrammed!

Not sure what setting could cause it so looking for any ideas.

The other symptom is the squelch release only works on the "Analog" & "Digital" channels as well.
    I hear no audio on the "Preprogrammed channels" even though the speaker icon appears onscreen
    file format 5.10
    controller Vers 4.14.5

Thanks

I believe you're dealing with a bad UI board. I get that issue all the time. Replacing it will rectify the situation. I haven't found any other solution.

nbannan No Longer Registered

Sounds feasible, where would one find a "UI" board etc. I am really new to 900 / P25 and have no idea even where to look.
    i can twist a screwdriver however ;-)
    thanks

Thanks

http://axfp.org/what-breaks-on-the-e...how-to-fix-it/

Basically you need to sacrifice another radio. If you're lucky you'll have one bad UI board and one bad RF deck. Combine both and you'll have one good radio and one extra case for when the PTT button itself inevitably dies.

Unfortunately the once almost unlimited supply of these from Texas has dried up. I only have one left.