Thread: Upgrading firmware

Thanks

Default Upgrading firmware

I am trying to upgrade the firmware in an astro spectra. I have the cvn, srib, etc. However when I call motorola to purchase refresh key all they can say is the radio is no longer supported. Is there a certain part number that I need to give them? I have a MOL account so if I have correct part number can I order it there?

Thanks

They do not support the radio... Therefore the firmware is not available either... Even if you had the correct part number they would still not sell it to you.

Thanks

Maybe I don't understand the process. I have the cvn from this site. Is that not what is used for the firmware? I just need to buy the refresh key, or whatever it's called.

Thanks

You need a refresh key/ibutton. A refresh key for an astro25 radio will work. If you are set on that contact a Motorola dealer. I will run you a minimum of 75 dollars for each "use" you purchase.

Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,413 Posts

Yes. What JMR061 said. Order a refresh for the ASTRO25 series platform. XTL5000. The refresh ibutton is not platform/radio/serial/model specific. You could even use it to flash a MTS2000 if you wanted.

Unlike Motorola, the Mars Depot is also willing to service legacy equipment, with proper hardware/CVN/iButton.

Thanks

I called a dealer they told me they needed serial number, desired flash code, etc. They also told me it would be a month before I received the refresh key. I was under the impression that I could purchase a key with 10 flashes and use it as I needed it. Mars you have done a lot for me. Actually I save money by using you. Just some times I need them done quick. The customs folks aren't the most efficient at their jobs. You get all my stuff that can be done remotely.
    Last edited by gjhamilton; Aug 06, 2013 at 11:24 PM.