Thread: Xts3000R?

handwiper No Longer Registered

Default Xts3000R?

I'm looking at this radio here:http://bit.ly/1bsbRM7

will it work with the method described for no aff on a 9600b system?
    Last edited by handwiper; Aug 13, 2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Correct link

Yaesu No Longer Registered

I get image not found.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

You'll need a specific version of firmware for that radio to work on a 9600bps system and even if you find it, there's no guarantee it will work.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

What if I were to have the person who is selling firmware upgrades do the update for me?

does he even still do that?

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Yes, that would work but still no guarantee that it will work.

The base frequency is hard coded on the 3000 so if the system owner uses a different base frequency than the one hard coded in the 3000, you're screwed.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by base frequency? since the lradio is 800mhz, that doesn't mean i can use any 800mhz freq's?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 513 Posts

those are old Inianapolis/MECA radios, they are flashed with 3600 baud trunking only, and do NOT have HOST ver 6.72, which you will need before you even think of doing anything else 9600. The firmware requires a SmartRIB and appropriate F/W file and refresh key to load. The support for this radio is no longer available from Motorola, but there are some people on here who can do it if you look around.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Base frequency is used when the radio calculates how to jump to the talk frequency after it gets a command on the control channel like "everyone in talkgroup 123 go to channel X". X is calculated as Base + offset in 6.25 or 12.5 kHz steps, IIRC, so the Base for most 800 MHz systems (and the one you can't change on on XTS3000 or Astro Saber) is 806.0125. This is usually the same for most 800 MHz systems, so it isn't usually a concern except for UHF or VHF trunking systems, but a few 800 MHz systems use non-standard Base frequencies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    You'll need a specific version of firmware for that radio to work on a 9600bps system and even if you find it, there's no guarantee it will work.
    The XTS3000 and Astro Saber (1MEG) work very well on 9600 baud 800MHz trunking systems, when flashed with the required HOST ver 6.72 and DSP N08.03.05. I have one sitting right here that came from Mars that works as well as any Astro 25 portable. The feature set is limited because of the small 1MEG memory of the VOCON, but these make great affordable radios for 9600 systems IF you don't need 700MHz, ADP or AES encryption, or other features.

The trick is getting one with that special HOST version and loaded with the appropriate flash. As I said, there are people can do it.
    It's well worth the relatively small price they charge too.

The XTS/Astro Saber do not support 9600 baud trunking in any other band than 800MHz. The douche nozzles selling them on Ebay are selling junk that won't work and they should die in a small, controlled burn IMO.