Thread: Just a couple questions on the MTS2000

b.bonham No Longer Registered

Default Just a couple questions on the MTS2000

I have got my hands on a MTS2000 and went round and round on the Motorola Solutions website. Trying to find the CPS for this for this radio was impossible. I did finally find rev. R01.10.00 on a CD at the shop.
    It is a low band so I can put it to some use unlike the 26 HT750's that are lying around.

First question is - Do I have to use a smartRIB or will a standard one do?

second - Naw, I'll wait for that one - just want to read it first... I have a lot of RIB's laying around but, only one smart one - It maybe works.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

By lowband do you mean 30-50mHz? I certainly hope not.

You can program it with a regular RIB. No SmartRIB needed.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Default I meant low uhf

It does cover the 70cm band I tried to read it and the computer and the radio talked but, my software version is 1.10. I dug through every CD tray in the shop - no luck. It is almost impossible to find on the web. I logged onto Motorola and apparently they no longer support this radio.

Will No Longer Registered

I would try the next to the last RSS version as not all MTS2000 radios were programmed withe the newer CPS.

What is your radio's model number?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,484 Times in 2,342 Posts

b.bonham, did you bother looking in our File Download section? We have R02.03.00 (final version) available.

Will No Longer Registered

I find that the later RSS will force you to use CPS when the radio was programmed with RSS.... So I use the next to last RSS.

Thanks guys - I also contacted the corporate office up in Roswell and one of the guys found a R02.02 disk and is mailing it to me. I mostly work with Astro's as we had been the head installers in the Project 25 upgrade's on Ft. Bliss. Just last year I got immersed in the Mototrbo Connect Plus system. Who'd have thought 35 years ago - being a old school radio tech - I would have to learn networking!