Thread: XTS3000 Microphonic issue

Thanks

Default XTS3000 Microphonic issue

I've searched high and low and in the past I remember seeing something (might of been on bat board) about microphonic on the XTS series radio.

I have a problem with my xts300 model 1 and if the volume is loud it enough it tends to feed back when its receiving a signal. I don't have the issue if I use a RSM.

jlamanske No Longer Registered

Is it a UHF version? I think I remember something about that. Kind of like the Impres battery problem with the 3000. Rf getting back into the radio or something like that. Maybe a bad ground on one of the shields or something like that. I apologize. I don't recall where I read about it. But I do remember reading about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlamanske View Post
    Is it a UHF version? I think I remember something about that. Kind of like the Impres battery problem with the 3000. Rf getting back into the radio or something like that. Maybe a bad ground on one of the shields or something like that. I apologize. I don't recall where I read about it. But I do remember reading about it.
    I think I remember see that as well. Mine is a VHF model not using a impress battery. I will check the shields.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

It's the middle battery contact IIRC, put a hunk of tape on it and that will isolate that as being the problem or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's the middle battery contact IIRC, put a hunk of tape on it and that will isolate that as being the problem or not.
    That worked. Thanks

jlamanske No Longer Registered

It's the odd little things that make you wonder about Motorola stuff. I once had an EX600 that turned off when keyed up by the RSM, turned out it was a bad board. I've used a lot of different brands and it seems the Motorola stuff was at the shop more than anything else.