Thread: MT2000

Thanks

Default MT2000

I have about 30 mt2000s and when i read them with the latest RSS it gets half way thru and pops up checksum error...these radios have been working fine the past 10 years, one did read but when i went to write it it poped up the same error and then gave a fail 01/82, would this be an issue with the computer being to fast? im running pure dos on a PII machine. any help would be appricated and how would i go about fixing a 01/82 or 01/92 fail

Thanks
    Thanked 2,097 Times in 675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jettajoey View Post
    I have about 30 mt2000s and when i read them with the latest RSS it gets half way thru and pops up checksum error...these radios have been working fine the past 10 years, one did read but when i went to write it it poped up the same error and then gave a fail 01/82, would this be an issue with the computer being to fast? im running pure dos on a PII machine. any help would be appricated and how would i go about fixing a 01/82 or 01/92 fail
    It depends on your RSS version, your computer and your RIB. If you have the last version of RSS released, then a P75 or P100 should work. Faster processors might work. Your RIB might be the problem as well. Many times the RIB has to modded to provide proper voltages. If you search for them, you will find posts on this site that discuss this type of problem.

Thanks

yeah im going to try a older computer as i know this rib has worked with these in the past, my orig computer took a dump and died.

Will No Longer Registered

I use one revision earlier RSS to read the radios first.

You have to be in/running real DOS does not work in a DOS Box.

Thanks

yeah i dont use dos box for this, i think the computer i used was a bit too new and thats whats causing it because another tech can use his p75 computer and it works just fine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,097 Times in 675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jettajoey View Post
    yeah i dont use dos box for this, i think the computer i used was a bit too new and thats whats causing it because another tech can use his p75 computer and it works just fine
    How fast is your computer? I've had success up to 133 MHz, but not consistently, and 100 MHz should work fine, but I use a 486 DX2-40 to be safe.

Thanks

400mhz and only resorted to this in a pinch, it did that maxtracs and gm300s fine by luck i guess. However i did get really lucky some guy here local had the same laptop i had used for RSS for years so im picking that up today

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

You can use faster machines, in the 333-450 Mhz range, if you use one of the "CACHECTL" or "MOSLO" program(s) to slow down the machine or turn off it's Level 2 cache.

CACHECTL makes the machine look like a 350 MHz 80386 (no cache internally) and the programs run well that way. I have not used MOSLO much myself there are others who have luck with it but CACHECTL has allowed me to use all but the most modern computers (up to 800-1000 MHz) and run the oldest, funkiest RSS back to STX and X9000's, some of the crankiest of them all.

CACHECTL (or a link to it) is posted somewhere here on the board.

Thanks

I had used the MoSlo program and it worked So So, but luck had it a older laptop was on craigslist and was the same model as the one i had before.

So i loaded it up with all my Dos RSS that needed it and it works Great, so as a part of my radio programing kit i have my laptop bag with my p4 toughbook and my old dos/win95 laptop and the case full of cables LOL

Thanks

Processor speed shouldn't make any difference on HT1000 and newer RSS. I program my Jedis on a 1.4GHz Pentium M with nary a problem (except that my reads and writes take three seconds :P).
    Maybe try using CPS instead of RSS. MTSX CPS should read and write the MT2000, IIRC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    Maybe try using CPS instead of RSS. MTSX CPS should read and write the MT2000, IIRC.
    No, CPS will only work for the MTS2000.