Thread: APX7500 with O3 head and night time driving

Thanks

Default APX7500 with O3 head and night time driving

Guys:

I have an APX7500 with an O3 head that is really bright and somewhat distracting at night. I know that the stealth option and changing the color is not available with the O3 head. Right now I have a profile setup where the display is turned off and I will occasionally switch to that when it becomes an issue, but have to fumble a bit to switch it back to the regular profile if it is dark.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this situation? (Yes, I have considered moving the head.) Ideally, having the O3 light up when a button was pushed would be great (to change zones, etc). Thanks!

Thanks

Did you program the dim function? It has three levels high, low and off. There have been many complaints that they need an even lower setting but Motorola chooses not to listen.

Thanks

JMR, I hadn't tried it but just programmed it. I kept looking for menu items instead of button assignments to work through this. It is a step in the right direction but as you said may still be a little bright. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks

You can always lay a paper run report/ticket book/ page out of the map book... Over the display.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,413 Posts

I agree about the O3 being too bright for nighttime driving, even with the DIM option and lowest light setting. It needs to be padded down.

Motorola definitely didn't test it in a nighttime driving environment, or the "engineer" who did was some iPhone hipster fag.

Thanks

Staitic cling window tint is the cure either over the display or like i did open it up and put the tint between the LCD and lens

i also Inverted a lcd on one not bad but still bright

Thanks

I have a car at work that has an O3 head on an XTL and I agree it is very bright even at the lowest setting. I've been using a yellow post it note to block out the light at night which seems to be working for now. Not ideal I know!