Thread: need help with non-affiliate scan EFJ 5100

Thanks

Default need help with non-affiliate scan EFJ 5100

Okay I have searched and read through all the threads I can find on the subject.I have seen it posted that efj's require a different procedure yet I have not found instruction for efj's.I have read the method which I believe is steered towards Moto programming.If anyone can assist or provide a sample rcf it would be greatly appreciated.I have made an effort to do this on my own.I apologize in advance if I missed something in the forums that has already answered my question.Thanks

Thanks

https://www.p25.ca/showthread.php?t=2913
    "warning" BAD problem wile scanning txwarn p25

Thanks
    Thanked 2,078 Times in 666 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fullpwr5675 View Post
    Okay I have searched and read through all the threads I can find on the subject.I have seen it posted that efj's require a different procedure yet I have not found instruction for efj's.I have read the method which I believe is steered towards Moto programming.If anyone can assist or provide a sample rcf it would be greatly appreciated.I have made an effort to do this on my own.I apologize in advance if I missed something in the forums that has already answered my question.Thanks
    Bad idea. Please read the following:

https://www.p25.ca/threads/2885-No-A...0900#post20900

Thanks

okay enough said,I've pretty much been able to keep track of the transmissions I want in conventional scan,just didn't know if that had been confirmed or was old news.I'll stick to things the way they are till I get my hands on some more Motorola gear.I do not believe any of that mumbo jumbo that "towman79" posted,like most of the responses pretty much impossible unless it was really poorly programmed,not to mention all the settings falling in place where the radio was actually "heard" by other users on the system

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,519 Times in 850 Posts

Uhhhh... huh?

Put the teenage girl text toys away and try forming a sentence. You sound like you have something interesting to say. I just wish you'd put on your literacy pants and say it.

Thanks

I was responding to no. 6's comment "bad Idea" and the link he posted.I was merely wondering if this was confirmed or not because I have read post that say "don't do this and don't do that" and then people say you can do it if programmed correctly.There are post that say both.So it's hard to determine as a newbie what is fact and what is someone who thinks they now what they are talking about.As far as attacking my grammar, that was completely unnecessary.

Thanks

Oh goodness I misspelled a word in that last one,i'll never hear the end of it now

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fullpwr5675 View Post
    As far as attacking my grammar, that was completely unnecessary.
    No, it is very necessary. I didn't "attack" you - I advised you to get it right. You owe others the same respect that you require. Man up, stop crying, and get your grammar correct. Why should people you seek help from take you seriously when YOU can't be bothered to address them correctly? Your username says "full power" - try using it.

as for the rest of it... If Number Six posted it, you can be sure it's correct.

Thanks

And one more thing,considering I spent 2 years in rehab learning to read,write and walk again after trauma to my head in an accident with most of my childhood erased I think I'm doing pretty good.So remember when you poke fun at people for trivial things like this they may not be like that by choice.Now if anyone would like to talk about radios (since that's what this forum is for) feel free to message me,otherwise I guess I'll hang out in a "literacy" or "grammar" forum if I want to be made fun of.

Thanks

now you have comments about my username too,which has been my username on many sites since the 90's.There is a personal reason its spelled that way sorry its not up to your standards.

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

So handicapped people want to be treated equally? No one is making fun of you. That's your hang up. Do better. You're obviously smart enough... save the boo-hoo story.

We don't "talk about radios" here. This is a forum for advanced users. If you want to dweeb out on radios, go here...

http://forums.radioreference.com/

You sound like a smart guy and you're more than welcome to stay. Just don't blame others here for your problems. We've got our own to deal with.

Was it an accident??? I'm not so sure...

Thanks

Now I'm handicapped and asking for equal rights.You have a vivid view on things.I'm not blaming anyone for anything and ment no disrespect to anyone.I believed No. 6 and that's why I stated "enough said".And yes since you must know I consider someone falling asleep at the wheel and swerving into my lane hitting me head on in my 1994 Chevrolet Camaro with personalized license "FULL PWR" because those are the allowed amount of characters on a Missouri personalized license plate an accident.

Thanks

I believe this forum is a wealth of knowledge and some of the users on here are on a level of thinking and knowledge that is beyond my comprehension.As a newbie to things like trunking and digital protocols I'm just scratching the surface.I mean no further offense or disrespect to anyone by my poor grammar or punctuation

jdl462 No Longer Registered

The reason it's nearly impossible to get the EFJ to non affiliate scan is because the scan lists are only for each system. Therefore the P25 trunking scan lists will only scan P25 trunking channels (no conventional) and Conventional scan lists will only scan conventional, no trunking. So you can't set it up to sit on a conventional channel and scan a trunked channel. There is a Radio wide scan list which will scan every type of channel (conventional and trunked), but there's only one and to change channels you'd have to edit the list every time (Unlike on the Mot where you'd have a separate scan list). Also it will only allow 16 members.

On a side note, I can't get the radio wide scan to work on a V6.16.4 which should be the latest firmware for the ESs for some reason.