Thread: xtl5000 w5 TX INH on Keyup ? Anyone seen this ?

Thanks

Default xtl5000 w5 TX INH on Keyup ? Anyone seen this ?

Seen this on two XTL5000's with W5 heads where you get a TX INH on the display during transmit.
    Firmware is probably way out of date but wanted to make sure a firmware update would resolve this.

Had looked at the codeplug on the other radio and nothing seemed to be in the programming .

Thanks

just a quick note
    The two radios I have seen this on were dual control W Series heads on an XTL5000.
    The one radio I removed the rear head and it still had the mess "TX INH" come up during transmit.
    Someone did look through the codeplug for aliases and anything else that would normally cause this.

Suspect it's an artifact of the firmware version and CPS used to program them. Believe the firmware was in the 8sh range so not very current.

Not going to flash since the customer has not complained or even remarked about it.

Thanks

Radio Configuration -> Radio Wide -> Advanced-> Ignition Switch. You should find its set to TX inhibit, or PTT TX inhibit. or, apply some +12V to the ignition wire. I'm not sure why a customer would not complain about not being able to transmit.

Thanks

Actually these transmit just fine ...just has that message come up on the screen with PTT.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,014 Posts

The codeplug is corrupt. This has happened for some reason because either it started life as an O5 and was converted to a W5 or vice versa or drag and dropped from a different model. Had this with a few from some XTLs in ambulance packages. Do a firmware upgrade and start from scratch with a default codeplug and you should be good to go. We never did figure out exactly where or why the problem occurred, just scratched our heads over it until we decided to cut to the chase and start over.

And yes, the radios worked fine, but every time you keyed the darn mike it said TX inhibit, no matter WHAT the settings where, and no matter WHAT type of control head you had on it.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post:

Scratchy (Mar 23, 2015)