Thread: GTR 8000 Single site trunking needing site controller?

123 No Longer Registered

Default GTR 8000 Single site trunking needing site controller?

If I am setting up GTR 8000s for single site IR trunking. Is the GCP 8000 still required? Or can I IR trunk the GTR 8000s without the site controller present like I could on the Quantars?

Thanks

I'm not sure you can do that. There really isn't a "SMARTNET" type single site environment like there used to be. If anything, you'd be running an IR (called an ISR in Astro25 lingo) in site trunking mode.

Astro25 LE is the smallest P25 trunked system I'm aware of.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can and will inquire with the powers that be.

Thanks

I think you would need a K-core to run the site.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    If I am setting up GTR 8000s for single site IR trunking. Is the GCP 8000 still required? Or can I IR trunk the GTR 8000s without the site controller present like I could on the Quantars?
    You still need site controllers. Will the site be part of a SmartZone system or completely off-network? If completely off-network you can force it to site trunking through the site controller locally. If you have TDMA you will still have it in site trunking also.

Of course you lose most of your fleet management is site trunking.

Thanks

The Site-On-Wheels I've seen had all six channels populated plus a pair of site controllers. Obviously it'd cause everything affiliated to it to display SITE TRUNKING but it worked as it should have.

123 No Longer Registered

No, this is a off network single site system. I am aware of the loss of admin management tools without a site controller, the point of the question was to save a little money because the management tools are not needed for this site. But I guess Motorola is forcing you to buy everything now instead of cutting corners like with the quantars.

Thanks for all the reply's and answering the question.

Thanks

It took me a while to find it but they call this ASTRO 25 Express in the ASTRO 7.13 docs. Up to 18 channels, and it has its own "Configuration Manager" utility to configure the system since obviously there is no core. There was a lot of info I remember seeing on subscriber configuration to handle it being in permanent site trunking.

123 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by kf4lhp View Post
    It took me a while to find it but they call this ASTRO 25 Express in the ASTRO 7.13 docs. Up to 18 channels, and it has its own "Configuration Manager" utility to configure the system since obviously there is no core. There was a lot of info I remember seeing on subscriber configuration to handle it being in permanent site trunking.

Just FYI That wasn't the original question that I was trying to get answered nor im I trying to do a ASTRO 25 express system. I am fully aware of what a ASTRO 25 express system is but that was not my goal.

But thanks, the question was already previously answered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kf4lhp View Post
    And that would be a K-core.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Isn't a K core Conventional only?

I think you mean a L core. As that system allows basic connectivity and single site.
    iNUM: 883510009903325

Thanks

They are being used in single site systems now as well our so we were told in Mcc class.

Thanks

Huh. Learn something new everyday.

I still like our M3 core, if that's the proper term days for a multi zone fully redundant system.
    iNUM: 883510009903325