Thread: Astro Spectra Issue

Thanks

Default Astro Spectra Issue

I picked up an A/S D04UJH9PW7AN several months ago that acts like it has had a bad codeplug jammed into it. I try to read it with CPS 05.03 and get "unsupported model". When read with an old (6?) version of Astro Lab it reads the codeplug and then tells me there is a bad block or checksum in it. I'm able to read & save the s-record but know nothing of what it should look like. The chassis carries a flashcode of 500008 000000 1 and is a 1 MEG version with a S/N of 494AYC0477. I've attached a copy of the s-record if anyone has the time to look at it and tell me where the problem is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanked 8,773 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trickchit View Post
    I picked up an A/S D04UJH9PW7AN several months ago that acts like it has had a bad codeplug jammed into it. I try to read it with CPS 05.03 and get "unsupported model". When read with an old (6?) version of Astro Lab it reads the codeplug and then tells me there is a bad block or checksum in it. I'm able to read & save the s-record but know nothing of what it should look like. The chassis carries a flashcode of 500008 000000 1 and is a 1 MEG version with a S/N of 494AYC0477. I've attached a copy of the s-record if anyone has the time to look at it and tell me where the problem is.
    Are you positive this is an ASTRO Spectra, and not an ASTRO Spectra Plus? When you power the radio on, if it shows SPECTRA+ on the screen, then that's the problem.

Old garbage ASTRO Lab will not work with modern codeplugs. Don't waste your time trying to read with that.

Thanks

HI Mars,
    Thanks for the reply. I will have to take a closer look on power up before I'm able to answer that. It does show a Host of 11.7 and a DSP 08.03 or very close to that (I don't have it with me now). I have tried reading it with the latest Astro25 CPS from both ends of the unit with no luck. In fact I've tried just about every configuration of cable, rib, smartrib I can imagine with the same outcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,773 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trickchit View Post
    HI Mars,
    Thanks for the reply. I will have to take a closer look on power up before I'm able to answer that. It does show a Host of 11.7 and a DSP 08.03 or very close to that (I don't have it with me now). I have tried reading it with the latest Astro25 CPS from both ends of the unit with no luck. In fact I've tried just about every configuration of cable, rib, smartrib I can imagine with the same outcome.
    OK -- not a AS+ based on the info you've provided.

Could be a hackjob codeplug. I'm going to contact you off board via your registered email address.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

What does the radio show for a model number when you self test it?
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.