Thread: Hytera radios

FireradioTJ No Longer Registered

Default Hytera radios

Does anyone have any input about the hytera pd782 digital radio? Hit me up. I am about to buy one and check it out, want a little input before I do.

Thanks

They are pretty solid, and the software is akin to Motorola. Our SO uses them for analog and occasionally DMR for private traffic. and they seem to like them. Sans the weird layout, the device its self is pretty solid. Loud audio (make sure to set your RX gain to 8), good sensitivity and reception, and decent battery life. My only major gripes are; the boot time, which is 7-9 seconds, and the default scan parameters, which guarantee you will miss most traffic on your priority and scanned channels, thankfully this is an easy fix. I would recommend them.
    See ya star-side!

FireradioTJ No Longer Registered

Ok thanks! I think I am going to purchase and try one out.

PRC148 No Longer Registered

I have one and I love it. It has FPP but that is a bit strange. You can't edit analog tone info just the freqs. You can however edit the digital code and slot info via FPP. It's ultra rock solid, has excellent audio and is very easy to navigate. I highly recommend them.

Thanks

I have a number of them in service, customers like them, they work fine across trbo repeaters*, easy to use but there are a couple of minor comparability issues between hytera (and other brands) and motorola but if you are not using the features then you will not have an issue.

* can not speak for more complex trunking trbo setups.