Thread: MOTOROLA"S AUTHENTIC APX 7000 SERIAL TAG

Thanks

Default MOTOROLA"S AUTHENTIC APX 7000 SERIAL TAG

This is the tag that Motorola put on my radio for me last month. This is right from the DEPOT. So if you are nervous about buying a radio make sure that the tag looks exactly like this. This is a real tag. Dont let anybody else tell you different.Serial Tag.JPG
    Remember to not take life so seriously. Nobody ever gets out alive....

Thanks

If any radio has a different looking tag then this one above then its a fake or a hack job. Everybody else will agree on this forum that this is the real deal people. Good luck in the future when you are looking for a legit radio. I thought I would post this picture so nobody else has to go through hell. I know that there are other posts on this site about legit tags but I wanted to post again so it sticks in people's head when looking for radio's. There are alot of good people out there that have money that are looking for a nice radio and don't deserve to get burned.

Thanks

Protip: if you're going to take the time to cover the serial number, a. make sure you cover it well enough that it can't be read with some tweaking/enhancement in Photoshop and b. consider what information might be stored in that DataMatrix on the bottom right.

The last two of your serial is 34, FWIW...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvsjr View Post
    Protip: if you're going to take the time to cover the serial number, a. make sure you cover it well enough that it can't be read with some tweaking/enhancement in Photoshop and b. consider what information might be stored in that DataMatrix on the bottom right.

The last two of your serial is 34, FWIW...
    I was about to say... I bet that 2d barcode has some info in it....

Thanks

apx7k.jpgOr, they might look like this. Factory tag on a pre-Bluetooth-standard APX7000 delivered new to my government employer. The new APX radios I've been seeing do look like the OPs image.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    This is the tag that Motorola put on my radio for me last month. This is right from the DEPOT. So if you are nervous about buying a radio make sure that the tag looks exactly like this. This is a real tag. Dont let anybody else tell you different.Serial Tag.JPG
    I could be wrong... but doesn't the Track No. start with a C? (i.e. CAIxxxxx, or C4xxxxx). I've never seen a Track No. start with 655 like the serial number.
    And not nitpick, but that "APX7000" looks smaller than any other legit tag I've seen....and the printing on the tag area is "crooked" (note the bottom of the tag how close the QR code is...and the larger gap from the word "operating" to the bottom of the tag.

Sloppy depot tag?

Thanks

Yes it normally starts with a C, however with this being depot tag it was probably just simpler to put the sn on it again that try to locate the other number.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

From the other thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjxts3000 View Post
    I could be wrong... but doesn't the Track No. start with a C? (i.e. CAIxxxxx, or C4xxxxx). I've never seen a Track No. start with 655 like the serial number.
    And not nitpick, but that "APX7000" looks smaller than any other legit tag I've seen....and the printing on the tag area is "crooked" (note the bottom of the tag how close the QR code is...and the larger gap from the word "operating" to the bottom of the tag.

Sloppy depot tag?
    Sloppy is better than fake my little Jeti

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    Sloppy is better than fake my little Jeti
    You can say that again!

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if earlier APX7000XE models have "APX7000XE" on the top left of the legit tag or if they had just APX7000 on some of them?

I have a confirmed legit tagged radio with "APX7000XE" (H49 in the model number) and another APX7000XE (also with H49 in in the model number) which doesn't have "XE" in the top left on the tag. It's not "that old"...December 2011 vintage.
    Last edited by sjxts3000; Dec 02, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks

I've seen them both ways, including some XE's that were unboxed new from Moto without "XE" after the APX7000 on the tag, while the others had the "XE"

Thanks

Thanks! That's what I thought...I know the 6000/7000's came out before the XE models and maybe adding the XE to the tag was an afterthought? I can see how it would have been the case.