Thread: Cheap Motorola Repeater Cables on eBay

Thanks

Default Cheap Motorola Repeater Cables on eBay

Sorry if this is not in the right forum, I'm just unsure where it would go so I put it under Miscellaneous.

Does any one have any experience with these cables? I bought one a while ago and just recently found it. I'm looking to tie two CDM's together as a low power repeater for the few public service events we do every year.

also if one where to use the bi directional cable to make a cross band repeater what would the proper pin outs be on a CDM?

I'm not one to normally ask for information with out trying my self but I really don't feel like blowing up a CDM1250 and a 1550.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repeater-Int...item2a2fc662c6

Thanks

I can't speak for the link that you posted, but my choice of eBay sellers for that type of stuff is MRE1032. The dude has a variety of options, makes quality stuff, provides detailed setup instructions and supports his work. Not trying to deter you from the stuff you posted but that is my experience.

For cross band work, it's a mixture of using the right interface that has the right signals present along with properly programming the accessory connectors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I can't speak for the link that you posted, but my choice of eBay sellers for that type of stuff is MRE1032. The dude has a variety of options, makes quality stuff, provides detailed setup instructions and supports his work. Not trying to deter you from the stuff you posted but that is my experience.

For cross band work, it's a mixture of using the right interface that has the right signals present along with properly programming the accessory connectors.
    The link I posted was just to merely show what I was trying to talk about. I have bought one of these cables a while. Haven't tested it yet. I will check out MRE1032.

Thanks

MRE1032 is truly top notch.. I know him personally he is a retired PD sgt from a town I used to work on their cars. He is ham with an extra ticket and now a RF engineer for a large cell carrier. He hand makes every cable.

Thanks

I have purchased several of these cables from Affordable radio for projects. I still use one ant is heaver failed me. Yes they look very cheap but functional.I will check out NRE1032 as well

Thanks

Follow up. I have purchased from MRE1032 as well. He does produce a fine product and timely delivery.

Thanks

Buy from MRE1032. I needed a cable he didn't make, so I sent him the plans. He sent me a factory looking cable that worked great. GARY

Thanks

I will deffinatly take a look at MRE1032 ebay store.

Last night when I got home from work I reprogrammed two of the CDM's(UHF-VHF) I have and attaced the cheap repeater cable, and so far it does work. I had to adjust the level on the RX plug but that was simple.

Thanks

I ended up getting my hands on two Motorola RICs. So I will probably be using those.

Thanks

I have a couple of these RICKLess cables and they work great.

Thanks

+10 for MRE1032

He made some Pyramid SVR-200 and CDM1250 crossband cables for me, with custom options. While I haven't met him personally, I can say from my dealings with him he's a stand up guy.

-Dan