Thread: Operations Critical Standard Wireless Bluetooth earpiece + pod (NNTN8125 or NNTN8126)

Thanks

Default Operations Critical Standard Wireless Bluetooth earpiece + pod (NNTN8125 or NNTN8126)

Looking at these for the TRBO series radios... looks nice and has a well-designed retention "strap" for the ear (other BT headsets seem to fall off my ear all the time). Anyone know if those would work with a regular cellphone? I don't really care about the buttons, unless I pair it to a TRBO radio.

I've read the spec sheets and they do not mention anything related to compatibility, except that it does not work with APX radios (encryption req'd).

Anyone have one of these bad boys? Try & pair it with a cellphone (Android or iPhone) maybe?

Thanks

Thanks

While I haven't personally done it, I know of someone who has both their radio and mobile phone paired with it, and it works fine. I have an OCW kit here, some day I'll test it out and report back... Don't hold your breath.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    While I haven't personally done it, I know of someone who has both their radio and mobile phone paired with it, and it works fine. I have an OCW kit here, some day I'll test it out and report back... Don't hold your breath.
    Thanks, much appreciated. Can you check if the button can be used to answer/hangup phone calls, & perhaps be used for smartphone PTT (as much as I despise this it would be useful)? Is your OCW kit the Standard or the Enhanced (touch pair) version?

Thanks

Mine is the standard version. If I recall, the gent that uses it for both answers calls with the PTT.

Thanks

d119, have you had the chance to try your OCW kit on a cell? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    Mine is the standard version. If I recall, the gent that uses it for both answers calls with the PTT.
    Hey, any development on this? I think the PTT button is accessible by SPP (serial port profile) so it might not work with a standard cellphone. But everything else should work.