Thread: APX secondary speaker bad and volume knob issue

MrMixx No Longer Registered

Default APX secondary speaker bad and volume knob issue

Hello,

I took apart my APX to troubleshoot my loose volume knob and noticed the secondary speaker membrane has a tear in it. Does anyone know what the part number for it is? Is it replaceable (easily)?

Also I wasn't able to get the volume knob tight because the inside of it spun when I was tightening it. The appearance of the knob looks like it needs to have the inner nut locked into place before tightening the outer nut. The inner and outer nuts have teeth on them both. How do you tighten it?

MrMixx

Thanks

A standard 7000 has a couple of hex screws, and 2 spanner nuts to remove the top control assembly, one under the volume knob, and one on the antenna jack. An XE only has one on the antenna jack. Under the hood of the top control assembly, the volume and channel control pots are secured into the control assembly frame by smaller spanner nuts.. To properly remove, and re-torque upon assembly, you should really be using the correct size spanner sockets. They are all available from Moto, and are not cheap.. It's a small price to pay to make certain everything is tight, and that none of the spanner nuts get stripped..

Thanks

I think it is part of the rear chassis assembly. You will need to know if you have the new or older style vocon.

APX part compatibility matrix.jpg
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

I have the NHN7003A.

MrMixx

I got the parts and the bits to unscrew the antenna and volume knobs. The volume control just spins and I can't get that off to replace the top (and the volume assembly). The volume control actually works normally while this is going on. Any thoughts?

MrMixx

I had to break the top bezel off and subsequently the volume control. Everything is good. Now the only things that haven't been replaced are the VOCON, RF Board and the expansion board that the bluetooth and speaker connect to.

MrMixx