Thread: MotoTRBO Telemtry

rotorhead No Longer Registered

Default MotoTRBO Telemtry

I am seeking information on the telemtry functions of the TRBO lines. Specifically the xpr 5550 and other mobiles. I have searched the web and have not come up with the info i am seeking so a came here with hopes someone will be able to enlighten me.

I have seen videos on youtube of a MotoTRBO radio demonstration where the radio was hooked up to a water tank with water level sensors, a pump and a light. My main question is, How was this wired into the radio? What are the voltages and current limits of the accessory pins, etc.

I would like to interface our severe weather siren with a TRBO mobile so that it can be set off remotely. IE momentarily close a set of contacts to set off the siren.
    I'm quite sure a relay will have to be used but im am unsure what will work as far as coil voltage on the radio end of it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,484 Times in 2,342 Posts

Here's a start: https://www.p25.ca/threads/4382-XPR4...1870#post31870

See pages 40 and 41 for the pinout/specs. I know you need a lot more help than this, but this is all that's on MOL -- from my account privileges.

rotorhead No Longer Registered

Thats all i could find on MOL myself
    Not much info there but thaks for trying.

Thanks

Hi Rotorhead,

Motorola supplies the source code and doco for that demonstration (don't ask my opinion of their doco standards ).
    This information is part of the Motorola Telemetry ADK - I haven't looked closely at it ... if you manage to join Motorola's 3rd party developer group - it is in a file named:-
    telemetry_demo_application.zip

I have been led to believe that 3rd party developers are not allowed to disseminate these documents under their NDA.

cheers