Thread: TRBO Codeplug Copy & Paste

Thanks

Default TRBO Codeplug Copy & Paste

Is there a secret to drag and dropping between two TRBO CPS screens.

I am trying to drag a Call List from one CP to another....and get a 'not allowed' symbol and I cannot Copy & Paste either?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoser View Post
    Is there a secret to drag and dropping between two TRBO CPS screens.

I am trying to drag a Call List from one CP to another....and get a 'not allowed' symbol and I cannot Copy & Paste either?

Am I missing something?
    TRBO is different than say Astro CPS. WIth Astro CPS, you need to open two separate instances of the CPS and drag & drop between them. With TRBO, you need to open two codeplugs within a single instance of CPS to drag & drop between them.

Most things can be dragged & dropped. Some things, such as the RX Group Lists, cannot (I don't know why they don't allow that one).

Thanks

Much obliged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-T View Post
    TRBO is different than say Astro CPS. WIth Astro CPS, you need to open two separate instances of the CPS and drag & drop between them. With TRBO, you need to open two codeplugs within a single instance of CPS to drag & drop between them.

Most things can be dragged & dropped. Some things, such as the RX Group Lists, cannot (I don't know why they don't allow that one).

cipher77 No Longer Registered

Sorry for the necropost but I am a little bit late getting into the TRBO fetish.....I just picked up a brand new xpr7550 & am in the process of scraping channels etc. from a generic codeplug & copying it to the one I am building. I figured out (thanks to this thread) how to copy/paste channels etc.. However, when I try to copy & paste scan lists or roam lists, the copy field in the both source & destination codeplugs is grey'd out.......

Anyone here that can help me over this hurdle in my TRBO/CPS cherry popping ceremony?

Any info would me most appreciated!!

Thanks

I believe scan lists are something you can't drag & drop. At least I couldn't. GARY

iamjason No Longer Registered

Hmm, thought it was possible, but I was mistaken.

Its probably a fix from other versions of CPS. With other versions of CPS, if you copy over a scan list before you copy channels it will see that the scanlist members aren't there and revert to default values (meaning you have to reprogram the scan list). If you copy channels before you copy scan lists the scan list field in each personality will revert to a default value (meaning you have to reprogram scan list assignments). The only way around it is to copy all your channels over, then copy the scan lists, then copy the channels again (overwriting the ones already there), then copy your scan lists again (overwriting whats already there). All of which is kind of... meh.
    Last edited by iamjason; Sep 14, 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

Scan lists, voice lists, roam lists, none of those carry over, you have to create them.

Best to create them with identical names in the NEW codeplug before you start to drag contacts or zones over, since if you don't, you will have to correct every channel that references them, as they will not be in the channel information.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

LOL!! ok, my head is spinning. as to what Jason was saying, I have copied the channels over 1st & then went to copy the scanlists, just as I would on my APX & when I go to highlight "list1" & right click on it, copy & paste is grey'd out......so annoying!! I'm almost positive I have copied over all of the channels as well (all zones). this CPS is completely different than any other CPS that I've ever used. It's definitely gonna be a steep learning curve on this animal.....I'm at a loss as to how to go about this w/o having to recreate all the scanlists by hand (total PITA!!) there's like 900+ channels that I copied over form the source codeplug......so, yea, get a bottle of Ripple, 2 packs of smokes & spend an evening recreating scanlists.... YAY ME!!! Not!! lol

Hey!! Thanx for the info com501!! It looks like it's gonna be a ripple & cigs nite then.......fun :-/

Thanks

You are going to need two bottles and a few more packs....

No need for 2 bottles, I'll just chase the ripple with champagne ala Fred Sanford style........& it will be called "Champipple". ;-)

Thanks

LOL! Sounds good!