Thread: HT1000 to MTS2000

Thanks

Default HT1000 to MTS2000

Hello all,
    Sorry if this has been covered but didnt find much in my search.

I've got a couple of VHF HT1000's and a couple of now useless 800 MTS2000's. Is it possible thru various and sundry means to force a VHF s-record into the 800 controllers switch the RF board and end up with a VHF MTS2000? The MTS's are toolproof FW versions and my HT RF boards are the same as used in a VHF MTS.

Austin

iamjason No Longer Registered

In a pre-toolproofing world you would just swap out the controllers and dump in a VHF s-rec. RF boards are the same across the Jedi series unless someone here knows otherwise.

I have however seen some weird combinations where the controller board and the RF board were permanently mated to each other however, but I believe that was on an MTX.

As far as toolproofing goes, I'm not sure where we are on that (as far as getting around it). If we haven't gotten past it, you'll probably brick your radio. Keep the original s-recs handy.

Thanks

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Have a likely victim with corrosion on the RF board that causes battery drain FW v6.74. Putting the controller on the VHF board gives a F001 (synth out of lock, expected) no problems reading writing so may be good to go if I can get hands on a good srecord.

Thanks

From what I understand and have experienced, toolproofing doesn't kick in until you try to use lab software, or otherwise start bit banging. I'm not sure if you can roll back to an earlier firmware version through the standard upgrade method, but if you can, that might be a way to go. However, if you don't have the means to do it yourself, the going rate for a firmware upgrade seems to be about $50. Depending on the MTS, it may or may not be worth the money, considering current market value. Good luck!

Thanks

Sell what you don't want, buy what you do. Problem solved.

MODAT No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
    Hello all,
    Sorry if this has been covered but didnt find much in my search.

I've got a couple of VHF HT1000's and a couple of now useless 800 MTS2000's. Is it possible thru various and sundry means to force a VHF s-record into the 800 controllers switch the RF board and end up with a VHF MTS2000? The MTS's are toolproof FW versions and my HT RF boards are the same as used in a VHF MTS.

Austin
    To provide an answer to the OPs question, IN THEORY it SHOULD be doable so long as you have a way to fix the toolproof error. Kind of a non-starter though as there is no publicly available/simple method to correct the toolproof error that doesn't involve proprietary tools.

Thanks

I have a well thought out but untested plan for that; use the widely available euro jedi firmware flashing tools to flash in pre-toolproofing US firmware in BIN format, then mod your flashcode as desired and upgrade back to current firmware.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

What is the euro jedi firmware flashing tool actually called ? or can you give me a search hint ? Just cant seem to find it.

Thanks

I could be wrong but i think it was something star wars related, but i could be thinking of something else. ive never played with it so i dont really remember, i jsut remember reading something mentioning it

Thanks

The tools are talked about here
    http://www.batlabs.com/gm900.html
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Thanks guys