Thread: Password problem

K37CHUP No Longer Registered

Default Password problem

I just recently picked up a 700/800mhz radio to use for testing my other 800mhz equipment. I don't have the password for the radio and the version of the Software that i have will not write to the radio due to the firmware of the Radio being Too Old 4.4.16 .. i was hoping that some assistance could be provided. Thanks !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,774 Times in 2,404 Posts

Hi, I moved your post to a new thread. Please note the other thread was nearly a year old. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks

I will look up the correct version of PCC when I get near a computer but I believe you should be able to make a blank template and write it in to clear that password.

Cool thanks

OK so awesome Now I have access to the Password Thanks to the Guy on ebay that sold it to me in the first place. But now when I try to write to the radio I get an error stating that the version of software is too new for the radio version. What's my next step?

Thanks Guys

Thanks

It's telling you what to do. Update the firmware.

ok sweet .. well a few things I have Discovered Since the last post that I left. First that you wonderful people have a efj downloads section where i found an older version of the software that will read and write to the radio. 2 is that the radio has not got all of the options that i would like it to have. and the third thing is that i have no clue where to find the hex guide for the addition of options or the process of upgrading the firmware ..

You Guys are Great I appreciate your Help!!!

OK so maybe I should do more research before I Post .. I Updated the Firmware .. That's done .. Now I Just need to know how to hex the .OPT so that it will do more than smart net and conventional. Thanks!

Thanks

KE7CHUP: We don't discuss adding unauthorized features (i.e. not paid for) here. Reason being, is the software utility which is used to perform these functions is not public, nor was it intended to become public. Thanks.

Thanks I didn't realize what I was asking for. Thanks for all your help!