Thread: XTS Speaker mic/XTVA RF adapter aka NTN8327B "Hack"

deejay No Longer Registered

Lightbulb XTS Speaker mic/XTVA RF adapter aka NTN8327B "Hack"

This is a simple hack if you already have the XTS2500 knob removal/case opening tool.. there's no use getting that special $18.00 tool for the NTN8327x adapter that you need for some speaker mics and the XTVA because the knob removal end on the XTS2500 tool is the perfect size for tightening/removing the NTN8327 adapter.. I know this is a kinda silly/easy post, but who cares if it helps someone or will save a little money!
    Thanks!!
    DJ

Thanks

You are correct. It works very well for tightening the RF Adapter. I was worried I was going to need to buy the tool. The end of the knob tool fits like a glove.

Thanks

When the xts5000 first came out with that adapter we had them come in for service and no one had the tools because the state kept them all. We fabricated one out of stainless steel. That was a pain, this would have been good to know.

deejay No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    When the xts5000 first came out with that adapter we had them come in for service and no one had the tools because the state kept them all. We fabricated one out of stainless steel. That was a pain, this would have been good to know.
    Wow, turns out it might be some helpful info after all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I was just about to machine one myself, but laid eyes on my Vernier Caliper... Close the end of the jaws on the fitting, tighten the Vernier lock and off you go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safe View Post
    I was just about to machine one myself, but laid eyes on my Vernier Caliper... Close the end of the jaws on the fitting, tighten the Vernier lock and off you go!
    Now I've heard it all! sign0046.gif
    Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    Now I've heard it all! sign0046.gif
    Oh, I'm sure I'll come up with better in time...

Seriously though, I've got more vernier calipers than I have hands. At least I can put the cheap, inaccurate Chinese ones to use now.
    Last edited by safe; Jun 13, 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Punctuation-ation