Thread: XTL5K consolette lost connectivity to CEB

Thanks

Default XTL5K consolette lost connectivity to CEB

Hey all....

Have XTL5K consolette with a W7 head that lost connectivity with the CEB. Went through everything on the CEB such as the ACIM and BIM cards, all interconnect cables, even programming on CEB and CDM and came up with the consolette itself. Still had RX audio to my logger but had the RED X on the tab. I can swap in another consolette, works fine. Board in the thing is a PLN 1687B. Questions I have are A: Anybody that has had this issue try a reload of firmware (on the remote board...) to shake it loose? Looks like it needs a SmartRIB to do it anyway, F/W on MOL. B: I can get a new board from Motorola for ~$500 something, is that plug and play or will it need programming?

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks

We have had a few die lately. No programming is required to replace it, just swap the board. I don't think reloading the firmware would help, the two I have had go bad were all right after storms came through so I think they are fairly static sensitive.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Thanks Magnus...

Ordered off MOL, now up to rev D on the board. Slapped it in, hooked it back up to the CEB, all good, no red X.

Dave