Thread: SABER read ERROR - Unrecogizable CORE

Thanks

Default SABER read ERROR - Unrecogizable CORE

I'm trying to program an old Saber II for Nostalgia reasons, and I am getting a:

"The radio currently online has an unrecognizable CORE." fatal read error.

I am using RSS 7.01.00, and the radio is an ex-RCMP Saber II UHF securenet of 1995 manufacture, with only 8 channel positions marked.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,704 Times in 2,391 Posts

I'm not exactly an oldschool Saber expert, but is it possible it's a recased Systems Saber? I'm not sure if they have housing compatibility issues or not.

Thanks

I've got a couple of thoughts... A 8 channel CORE would be a bit odd and may require a special RSS. The other is it may be an international CORE which does require a special RSS.

Model number?

Thanks

Mars: That was one of my thoughts, I tried the SysSab RSS and no joy.

RadioInjunear: The model number is H44QXJ7139CN

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

Yeah, 8 channel is some sort of SP radio. The standard saber had a 12-position rotary, and the Systems Saber had a 16 position rotary. None of them ever had less than that, AFAIK. In which case, you will probably need an SP RSS for it as well. Best bet is to buy some regular guts from eBay, they can't be expensive. Replace them, so you have a normal radio with an SP channel switch and escutcheon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 1,012 Posts

That's a normal model number... No SP on the tags or anything?

Correct on the strange channel select. I agree. Change out the guts. Chances of getting the SP software are pretty close to nil.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah, 8 channel is some sort of SP radio. The standard saber had a 12-position rotary, and the Systems Saber had a 16 position rotary. None of them ever had less than that, AFAIK.
    I remember seeing a 2 channel years ago, seem to remember it being regular saber I but the switch only had 2 positions. One of the nice things about the saber line you got everything you paid for (that weirdo saber IE being the exception), too bad they wont narrowband.

Was there ever a saber RSS of suspicous origin floating around? Never had reason to look into it since you can create CP from scratch in regular RSS, worst case you would run out of memory or hose your tuning if you did something wrong.

Thanks

I ran into the same error years ago, I don't know if it's the same but the computer was too fast. It actually corrupted the codeplug when programming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RadioInjunear View Post
    I remember seeing a 2 channel years ago, seem to remember it being regular saber I but the switch only had 2 positions. One of the nice things about the saber line you got everything you paid for (that weirdo saber IE being the exception), too bad they wont narrowband.

Was there ever a saber RSS of suspicous origin floating around? Never had reason to look into it since you can create CP from scratch in regular RSS, worst case you would run out of memory or hose your tuning if you did something wrong.
    Here in Australia the Police dept used the Saber 3. It had the two position channel selector that was used as a local/repeater selector (just changed zones). Removing the selector stopper and programming the radio with standard RSS would convert the radio to a standard Saber 3. These where SP radios but had the standard Core. The low battery indicator worked differently to the regular RSS as well.

For the OP it could be a MX3000 that uses different RSS.
    Last edited by b16a2; Oct 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM.