Thread: XTS 3000 Fail 01/92

av8or91 No Longer Registered

Default XTS 3000 Fail 01/92

So im very new to programming and I added a few new frequencies into the radio in CPS and tried to write the radio but got the Fail 01/92. I wrote the original code plug back to the radio and it works just fine. I did some research and just can not figure out why I got this message. I am afraid to play around with any more settings right now as I dont want to completely destroy the radio. Any insight?

Not sure if it has anything to do with my computer but I am using a macbook pro with windows 7 32 bit and a rib and motorola cable.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,521 Times in 2,351 Posts

The old serial-programmed radios are really finicky. I would try to find a dedicated Windows XP computer, with serial port, and use that instead. Not to say that other configurations don't work, but unfortunately Motorola didn't update ASTRO CPS to work with newer OSs and USB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    The old serial-programmed radios are really finicky. I would try to find a dedicated Windows XP computer, with serial port, and use that instead. Not to say that other configurations don't work, but unfortunately Motorola didn't update ASTRO CPS to work with newer OSs and USB.
    Yea ill see if I can get my hands on an older computer. Can the name of the codeplug be changed while saving? I saved the original then played with some settings and added a zone with new frequencies and then changed the name of the code plug to save as a different one. Would that possibly cause problems?

Thanks

Possibly something is getting corrupted when writing the changes due to the Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by gjhamilton View Post
    Possibly something is getting corrupted when writing the changes due to the Windows 7.
    I was able to write the radio with the original codeplug so not sure if that could be it. The message I got on my computer was

"No user function provided to convert block type to block ID for the block with type 30. Unpack fail" No idea what this means

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by av8or91 View Post
    I was able to write the radio with the original codeplug so not sure if that could be it. The message I got on my computer was

"No user function provided to convert block type to block ID for the block with type 30. Unpack fail" No idea what this means
    Out of curiousity : Are you using Boot Camp to do this, or are you running Windows 7 32-bit inside a virutal machine (VMware Fusion, Parallels, etc.)?

I could understand why you went with Win 7 32-bit if you were running Boot Camp (as it hasn't supported Windows XP for quite some time), but if you're just rocking a VM, it you could probably save yourself some grief and just run Windows XP 32-bit. I've done the Vista / 7 dance with this software, and it's very hit or miss depending on the hardware you run it on.

Quote Originally Posted by p47r4ck View Post
    Out of curiousity : Are you using Boot Camp to do this, or are you running Windows 7 32-bit inside a virutal machine (VMware Fusion, Parallels, etc.)?

I could understand why you went with Win 7 32-bit if you were running Boot Camp (as it hasn't supported Windows XP for quite some time), but if you're just rocking a VM, it you could probably save yourself some grief and just run Windows XP 32-bit. I've done the Vista / 7 dance with this software, and it's very hit or miss depending on the hardware you run it on.
    Im running Windows 7 32 bit with boot camp. I tried the 64 bit and that did not work with the software but 32 bit seems to work. So does the windows XP with VMware work good with the software? I don't need windows for anything else other than this and I'm not sure if you can install XP on a newer mac.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by av8or91 View Post
    ...So does the windows XP with VMware work good with the software?
    Absolutely, it's what I use and I've never had an issue... with Vista & 7... not so much