Thread: APX7K 01/A2 error

Thanks

Default APX7K 01/A2 error

a apx7k ,firmware is R08.00, When I try to change a new RF board ,01/a2 error ! rewrite codeplug ,but still error,how to resolve it ?

Thanks

This is caused by the vocon and rf board not marrying correctly.

rod farva No Longer Registered

Your incorrect sir it is not caused by vocon and RF board not mating correctly, it is caused because the tuning values stored in the rf board do not match the tuning values in the vocon. When the RF board tries to tell the vocon its tuning values the tuning value in the vocon gets corrupted rather then erased and loaded from the rf board and thus causing the FAIL 01/A2. The only way to fix the problem is by reloading the tune partition and doing a full alignment. This problem occured when there was a firmware change in rev 6 and is still present in 8.05.05. The theory behind this was that if you had to change the vocon the rf board would know what its tuning values were and would tell the vocon so you would not have to tune the radio, well this great idea was short lived and this problem effects the mobiles as well as the portables. Once again anytime you change the vocon with the controller and if it is not the original programmed set you will get a FAIL 01/A2. Now hopefully the engineers will solve this in the upcoming firmware releases.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rod farva For This Useful Post:

surfacemount (May 26, 2016)

Thanks

So its basically like the vocon and rf board are not marrying correctly... maybe I'm missing something...

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Yup, basically what you said with many, many more syllables.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

I love it when the new guy tries to tell off a mod

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

A mod that developed a fix as well.

Robert511 No Longer Registered

Magnus i have the same problem but it will not let me retune the radio.

Thanks

Never bite at the hand that feeds you...

Thanks

Was there ever a fix for this error?

DaveP25 No Longer Registered

The fix is to re flash factory tuning code plug and re-tune the radio. You will probably need to contact support to get that code plug.

Thanks

The OP did ask how to resolve the problem,which Magnus did not answer. But Rod Farva should of left off the "your incorrect Sir". Kinda rude IMO. As technically Magnus was correct, he just did not elaberate.

I would be careful Rod, sometimes on a keyboard you have to think how the forum users will interpet your message. That being said, your answer was very helpful to the OP I am sure.

This is not like other un named forum were when you you ask a question about an APX and you get responses from people who don't even own an APX let alone even touched one but have repaired a CB before, telling you how it should be fixed.

You'll find out quickly that most people in here are not posers, some even actually work for big M. And they do not put up with BS here, unlike other forums.

I like Mating better than Marrying personally!!!

Anyway carry on, with orginal problem at hand.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

I think we're done here. Moetorola, perhaps you should look at the age of the posts you're commenting about before rehashing this kind of stuff - His comment was made 11/16/2012... A little late to be chastising him now, isn't it?

I'm locking this thread before this gets any further out of hand. If folks have something to contribute to the matter, start a new thread please.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to d119 For This Useful Post:

moetorola (Jul 17, 2014)