Thread: Does anyone have a legitimate A40C System Key or know a shop that is willing to make a custom template?

jlamanske No Longer Registered

Default Does anyone have a legitimate A40C System Key or know a shop that is willing to make a custom template?

I was looking for someone in Indiana that I could email my codeplug to, to make a custom template with the proper authorization for the talkgroups to be added to a legitmate user radio either scanned and faxed or sent by email, or can direct me to a shop that would also be willing to make a custom template for a radio without throwing a huge stink about it being custom. I have the permission to have the radio programmed, and can get the authorization from the county the talkgroups are issued to. If anyone could help, let me know!

Edit: I think I'm going to have to take it to a shop, as it requires an ASK and I don't know that I want to use the Cpfix for it.
    Last edited by jlamanske; Oct 14, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,977 Times in 997 Posts

Why won't the system owner radio shop do it, as long as you have the proper authorization on letterhead?
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Each agency owns their subscriber equipment and our chief told me the radio shop they use only uses templates for each department and refuses to make custom templates for a user on multiple departments. There is a shop that does EFJ radios that the county I work for uses, but I'm not sure they have an ASK for the system.

Thanks

90% of the people who program radios on this system have no idea what they are doing. If your south I would try Owen's or ERS but I'm guessing you may already have done that. B&K would probably do it but I don't think they have a Moto ASK.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

ERS is who does our programming now. I might just see if I can talk the chief into paying for the classes and sending in an application to IPSC to get a system key for our department. We only have 40 radios on the system, so I don't know if they will allow it.

Thanks

There are users with fewer radio's who have there own ASK. It's easier for the end user to get a key than it is for a radio shop, WTF?
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

I guess it is one of those "If you've got the money we've got the time." Kind of things. Might look more into it.