Thread: XTS Model Number?

Thanks

Default XTS Model Number?

How do I find a model number for a XTS 2500/5000 radio? I am looking at this eBay auction at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-XTS...item5af349cdd7 but it doesn't state the model number. This was the same for the last auction I bidded on. I could ask the seller but how do I find this out myself?

Thanks

It states the model number in the auctions title... H46UCC9PW5AN

Thanks

If you look, the model number is in the title: H46UCC9PW5AN

73 DE Hartley

Thanks

Sorry, how do I know if that is a Model I, II, or III?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,449 Times in 2,326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omahabasil View Post
    Sorry, how do I know if that is a Model I, II, or III?
    I'm sure you've heard of Google before. Please stop asking stupid questions.

Thanks

The 3rd letter after the H46(2500) denotes that.. In this case, it's a model 1.

Example for a 7/800MHz: UCC = model 1, UCD = model 1.5, UCF = Model 2, UCH = Model 3..

Hope that helps..

-Marc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfire39 View Post
    The 3rd letter after the H46(2500) denotes that.. In this case, it's a model 1.

Example for a 7/800MHz: UCC = model 1, UCD = model 1.5, UCF = Model 2, UCH = Model 3..

Hope that helps..

-Marc
    That helps very much. Thank you!

iamjason No Longer Registered

Or you could actually... look at it (assuming someone hasn't re-cased the radio).

Model 1: No display
    Model 1.5: Display but no keypad
    Model 2: Display and partial keypad (no DTMF)
    Model 3: Display with full keypad (DTMF)

Thanks

Oh nice! I never thought about that. I assumed the model number differences were software related. Thanks!

Mars, the only reason I asked this question is I couldn't find it when searching Google or this forum. I didn't understand that you had to decode the model string. I also didn't know that you can assume based on display and keypad.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,449 Times in 2,326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omahabasil View Post
    Oh nice! I never thought about that. I assumed the model number differences were software related. Thanks!

Mars, the only reason I asked this question is I couldn't find it when searching Google or this forum. I didn't understand that you had to decode the model string. I also didn't know that you can assume based on display and keypad.
    Fair enough. We often get on Motorola's case for having useless/inadequate information in their product brochures and website. But even they do a good job at explaining what a model 1/2/3 is. This is the most basic information one could ask for.

iamjason No Longer Registered

I think the "model differences" you're thinking of are on a larger scale (as far as software is concerned).

Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3 are model numbers within a series of (usually) handheld radios (on older models you may have heard reference to B3, B5, B7, etc). Mobiles can be A3, W3, O3 to A9, W9, O9 (with A referring to Analog Spectras, W referring to Astro Spectras, and O referring to Astro25 mobiles). Each increase in model number (Model 1-3, A/W/O 3-9, etc) equals an increase in options available to the end user. Usually one would start with either no display (or limited display on mobiles) and limited channels / controls, and advance with each model to a slightly better display with more channels / controls, and finally full display, full controls, maximum available channels, etc.

Then there are actual different models of radio altogether:

XTS, APX, MTS, HT, etc.

For instance, you can program any XTS2500 (Models 1 through 3) with the same CPS. You can't however, program an XTS3000 with XTS2500 CPS and vice versa. The same applies with HT1250s and HT1000s, MTX8000s and MTX8250s, etc. Just because a radio model starts with XTS, HT, whatever, doesn't always mean the radio shares the same CPS as radios with a similar model prefix.

In general:

XTS1500, XTS2500, XTS4000, XTS5000 - share the same CPS
    Astro Spectra+, XTLxxxx - Use a mobile version of the XTS1500, XTS2500, etc CPS
    XTS3000, Astro Saber - share the same CPS
    Astro Spectra - Use a mobile version of the XTS3000 and Astro Saber CPS
    XTS3500 - Uses its own CPS, as such, its a bastard.

etc etc etc

Batlabs is a good source of model specific information. Here's a good place to start: http://www.batlabs.com/2way.html

This is just off the top of my head, someone feel free to jump in if you see inaccurate information here.
    Last edited by iamjason; Oct 15, 2013 at 04:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Fair enough. We often get on Motorola's case for having useless/inadequate information in their product brochures and website. But even they do a good job at explaining what a model 1/2/3 is. This is the most basic information one could ask for.
    I'll take that as fair too. I'm on overload trying to learn about radios coming from a scanner background. I'll look through their website again now that I'm picking things up.

Quote Originally Posted by iamjason View Post
    I think the "model differences" you're thinking of are on a larger scale (as far as software is concerned).

Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3 are model numbers within a series of radio.

Then there are actual different models of radio altogether:

XTS, APX, MTS, HT, etc.

For instance, you can program any XTS2500 (Models 1 through 3) with the same CPS. You can't however, program an XTS3000 with XTS2500 CPS and vice versa. The same applies with HT1250s and HT1000s, MTX8000s and MTX8250s, etc.

In general:

XTS1500, XTS2500, XTS4000, XTS5000 - share the same CPS
    Astro Spectra+, XTLxxxx - Use a mobile version of the XTS1500, XTS2500, etc CPS
    XTS3000, Astro Saber - share the same CPS
    Astro Spectra - Use a mobile version of the XTS3000 and Astro Saber CPS

etc etc etc

Batlabs is a good source of model specific information.
    Thanks! I'll have to go back to Batlabs to see what information I can find there again.

Thanks

The model specific service manuals have model number breakdown charts. Not as easy as having everything on one page but it's all there: https://www.p25.ca/forums/41-Service...ther-Documents