Thread: XTS-2500 Radio/code plug INHIBITED!! Help

njemt437 No Longer Registered

Default XTS-2500 Radio/code plug INHIBITED!! Help

Hi guys, this morning when I turned my XTS-2500 on and added a new talk group, I got an error message that said:

"The radio codeplug being written is set to INHIBITED!! This means the radio has been shut down by dispatch. You can only unihibit the radio from the dispatch or with a depot tool.

NOW what do I do, someone suggested I get depot tool depot R03.00.02 someone said this could fix it????? Any help would be appreciated, spent countless hours trying to listen to my local system. Now when I turn the radio on it quickly flashes self test and the screen goes blank.

UGGGGG Please anyone your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

I'm guessing you're not authorized to be on the system otherwise you could just have the system administrator reactivate the radio for you?

Andrew

Nahh...we made the mistake of cloning one of our portables, I guess the system picked up on the same s/n and codeplug info according to our radio rep. We are sending the radio back up to the county for it to be un-inhibited. Thanks for your reply though.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Don't use Depot R03.00.02 on that radio. It wouldn't work, anyway. That version is for MTS2000s and can also be used to do read/write of ASTRO s-records. Definitely no ASTRO25 support!

Make sure the next time you program that radio, you do the conventional scan (talkgroup) trick. It's posted on this forum. There's no way/reason for that radio to have been inhibited if you passively monitor the system via the conventional scan-hack method. Works fine. Roaming works, too.

Better luck next time.

Thanks guys.

Thanks

The radio system didn't read the serial number. If it had the same astro25 ID programmed into it, it saw two radios on the system with the same ID and hosed it. Just have the administrator give you another ID for the radio. If your an authorized system user that really shouldn't be a problem.

Jason