OK, this may be a dumb question, but I'm a bit confused by the explanation offered up by the CPS.
Under "General Settings" there is a section called "Persistent LRRP Requests". It has two checkboxes, save and delete, with delete being greyed out until save is checked.
According to the system planner, I should check save if I want the radio to save the GPS trigger from the radioserver so that it can start transmitting GPS location updates immediately after a reboot without having to wait for ARS to go through and getting a new trigger from the server. The CPS help confirms this: "This feature allows the user to enable or disable the Save Persistent LRRP (Location Request and Response Protocol) Requests. When enabled, all persistent LRRP requests are kept in the radio's memory. This is a radio-wide feature.".

However, the delete box is greyed out until I check save, so to delete I also have to save? The delete checkbox offers up the following help text: "This feature allows the user to enable or disable the Delete Persistent LRRP (Location Request and Response Protocol) Requests. When enabled, all persistent LRRP requests are cleared from the radio's memory, and the radio will only transmit location updates upon receiving the next persistent LRRP request. Otherwise, all the saved LRRP requests in the radio are preserved. This is a radio-wide feature."

So the radio will then both save and delete? How does it accomplish that? By existing in two parallel dimensions? The CPS help is usually good, but sometimes it can be completely baffling.