Thread: I have a sick astro spectra, Model D04RKH9PW7AN W4 showing several errors ...S E L, FAIL 3, and FL 01/90..

Thanks

Default I have a sick astro spectra, Model D04RKH9PW7AN W4 showing several errors ...S E L, FAIL 3, and FL 01/90..

Hello,
    I have a sick Astro Spectra....
    Radio: D04RKH9PW7AN on rear sticker
    Head : W4
    Flashcode 500008-000000-1
    Model from cps shows: D04RJF9PW4AN
    On power up the display shows: S E L, then FAIL 3, then FL 01/90 ... it appears to try to reboot and the display shows FL 01/90 ...keeps on rebooting with the FL message.
    History ( as much as I know ) - I programmed several modes but it would only tx / rx on mode 1, no matter what mode I selected.....then under the "zone Up" button
    there was a indicator light that would not go out, then the DIR indication came on and I did not have any DIR modes programmed. It would not deselect from the dir mode even after reprogramming. I then tried to reprogram the original codeplug back into the radio with ASTRO Spectra CPS R05.03.00 ...it hosed up and then started flashing the error codes.
    Any help is appreciated on how, where to get it working.
    -BoBc

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

The display reading "S E L" is a W3 codeplug trying to boot into a W4-5-7 control head. Someone swapped heads on the radio and either didn't put in a new s-record to convert from W3 to W7 properly, or they just swapped faces and and the guts inside are still a W3. Either way you need to convert back to a W3 in hardware, or get the radio redone with a proper W7 s-record. That's at the VERY LEAST, there may be other problems as well.

Do a lot of searching and reading here, or send it Mars if you feel you're not up to messing with s-records...

Thanks

Thanks Alpha, I cant get it to accept any programming data thru cps or mtsxl. So it is beyond my skills to prob get it to work.
    How can I get in touch with Mars ?
    Regards....

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

Look around here for one of his posts, there is contact information at the bottom of each one. He doesn't use the PM system here on the board so your best best is contact via email.

Thanks

On a whim, as I figured I have little to lose by trying, I removed a w5 head from one of my spectras and put it on the astro, and pushed the power button, went into self chk and then displayed FL 01/82.Radio did not recycle as if retrying to reboot. Tried to reprogram but no luck there. So I will try to find Mars and see if he can help me.
    -Thanks.