Thread: EVX-539 programming questions.

Thanks

Default EVX-539 programming questions.

I have a friend who lives in another state and I've been trying to help him over the phone. I have no experience when it comes to the new evx series and I'm going off what I am seeing in the software.

He lives in Mass, and is trying to program the K1MOT repeater that is on 145.260. How every the radio will not decode nor will it tx, and from what I have seen in the software everything seems to be set up right. The one issue that has be baffled is that when he tries and key's up the radio after a few seconds the radio will beep and display "ERROR" on the display. However if he programs a digital simplex channel the radio will key up fine, unsure if it will rx being that he doesn't have another radio to test it with.

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong? Does any one have a VHF codeplug I could look at and compare it with his?

I have attached his codeplug maybe someone else can tell me what I am missing, again I really have no experience with these radios yet, and I don't have one to mess around with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Just an update. He ended up updating his firmware from 3.10 to 3.12 and everything seems to be working the way it should.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kc2obw View Post
    Just an update. He ended up updating his firmware from 3.10 to 3.12 and everything seems to be working the way it should.
    Thanks for the info. I have a few people looking at getting into DMR, especially to get away from the mouth breathers and CB turdfaces now invading the local analog repeaters with their turdy Baofengs.
    I have been contemplating getting an EVX mobile radio for my new ride but have been hesitant due to some of the performance concerns, but it looks like Vertex is being fast about getting firmware updates. FWIW they will give a "Vertex Standard online" account to anyone that walks, allowing free downloads of the latest "clone editor" software (their name for CPS) and firmware updates.

They build some good radios, not just your typical "hall monitor" low rent stuff.

The EVX series seems to compete with the new CP200D/CM300D TRBO radios price wise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have a few people looking at getting into DMR, especially to get away from the mouth breathers and CB turdfaces now invading the local analog repeaters with their turdy Baofengs.
    I have been contemplating getting an EVX mobile radio for my new ride but have been hesitant due to some of the performance concerns, but it looks like Vertex is being fast about getting firmware updates. FWIW they will give a "Vertex Standard online" account to anyone that walks, allowing free downloads of the latest "clone editor" software (their name for CPS) and firmware updates.

They build some good radios, not just your typical "hall monitor" low rent stuff.

The EVX series seems to compete with the new CP200D/CM300D TRBO radios price wise.
    They have been pretty good about working out the bugs and pretty quick too.

I haven't played around with any of the evx series yet. I have a vxd720 and I like it. I want to get a VHF trbo portable. I'm debating on picking up the 539.

Yea as long as you have a pulse you can get a Vertex Online Account. Ans the nice with with vertex they still even have the software for the discontinued models still on their site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

Vertex tech support is answered by some of the old hands from Schaumburg from a former Galvin company.... I wonder if they are in the same building.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon