Thread: Z Axis Tape, Check this out!

PRC148 No Longer Registered

Default Z Axis Tape, Check this out!

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12042

http://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net/...ping/38371.PDF

I ordered some today. Apparently it's like a microscopic double sticky zebra connector tape. I'm hoping it will work to repair the failed ribbon to LCD connection in my FT-895 and also those nasty missing pixel Jedi fronts we have all seen. They are saying it is rated at .4mm connector spacing but should actually worked to smaller dimensions.
    Last edited by PRC148; Oct 30, 2013 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

I would love to know the results, please update this post when you have had a shot at it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

That's like Mc Gyver tape, man.....
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks

Interesting. Looks like a conductive tape would short out the circuits. Please let us know how it works out.

Joe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMINN699 View Post
    Interesting. Looks like a conductive tape would short out the circuits. Please let us know how it works out.

Joe
    That's the beauty about it, its not a conductive tape, its a tape with tons of small conductors in it running down its length.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

PRC148 No Longer Registered

I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it goes. I'm really hoping it will work to fix the LCD in that 857. The spec sheet says it can handle temps up to 185 F too so it should work in a mobile environment.