Thread: MPL?

vxo No Longer Registered

Question MPL?

Hey guys, quick possibly silly question:
    Does the XPR6550 MotoTRBO radio support MPL?

My old MTS2000 does, what it let you do is set a list of up to 16 CTCSS/DPL combinations that could be selected from a menu (assigned to a button or...?). I used it for the MTS2000 on GMRS, just curious as to whether the same's available on the XPR... Thanks!

Thanks

I don't believe so. Looking in the software I don't see mention of it. I could be wrong but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 484 Posts

no but the limited FPP on the radio should fix that.

Thanks

Notarola,

Are you referring to the add-on FPP board for the 6500 series, or is there a menu already in the radio that lets you edit or use FPP?

(I only have a CP200D at the moment, else I'd try myself if I had a 6550)

iamjason No Longer Registered

I think Notarola is referring to the add-on board. FPP wasn't an option offered by Motorola for the XPR series.

FPP would eliminate the need for MPL as someone would be able to program whatever PL/DPL they want whenever they want - of course it wouldn't be as simple as true MPL operation but its an option.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,774 Times in 2,404 Posts

Guys, the developer of the 6550 FPP is a member here on the forum. I won't give him up unless he wants to take credit.

His product is here: http://itrbo.com/airshark/fppbuy.html

The 6550 will require the Generic Option Board (GOB) which is the PMLN5496AS. Once the board is installed, you simply flash it with software from the above website, and activate it with a purchased code which is tied into the radio serial number. His product allows for PL/DPL, Timeslot, Talkgroup modification, etc. It's really sweet.

It would be really nice to see FPP for the 7550 some day. Hint Hint. And no, the bpg.it board is a POS and not the same. Been there, done that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 484 Posts

Thats the board I was trying to remember. Good for type 1 radios but unfortunatly not for the type II. I do believe that the EMEA v2.0 radios have a much better software FPP.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

Since the Type II radios have the GOB built in, this might be a little different animal but still doable for a developer partner. I have this option board and love it also.

Now that I have several color display radios, I could really use this, as we are phasing out LTR/Passport and I am not going to need to flash my GOB on the new radios for that.

IT would also be nice to have that feature for a mobile using a smart mike.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post: