Thread: XTS2500 Firmware Upgrade Failure

Thanks

Default XTS2500 Firmware Upgrade Failure

Dear Expert,

I have my third XTS2500 VHF (AN).

This radio working well except display problem... Actually, the 45pin ZIF connector problem...

Yesterday, I tried to upgrade the firmware using bootstrap mode.

For a while the upgrade process work good. But suddenly CPS said can communicate the radio.

After that, the XTS2500 green light keep ON if I power up the radio. Do not know what error code comes out as LCD not working.

I believe that I bricked the radio.

I try depot 7 also can read or write to the radio.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Or anyone can fix it for me. I can send it internationally.

Please help.

Thank You

Thanks
    Thanked 2,038 Times in 1,028 Posts

What firmware version did you start from, and what version were you going to? What version of CPS are you using? Why are you attempting this without the proper flash key?

You need to FIX the radio before you do ANY firmware upgrades.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    What firmware version did you start from, and what version were you going to? What version of CPS are you using? Why are you attempting this without the proper flash key?

You need to FIX the radio before you do ANY firmware upgrades.
    firmware in radio is R14.
    try to play around with R19 firmware.
    Using CPS r19

yes. I try to flash it with by push & hold PTT, Orange button and turn ON.

previously, I succeed did this way. Upgrade r09 to r14

Thanks

Is there any other ways to save the radio?

Like take out the chip/IC that hold the firmware & flash it manually using computer?

Which chip/IC?

Thanks

I am sure that someone here on the board can fix it. You need to get your display working first so you can see what's going on. 14 to 19 changes through an architecture change that has presented problems on some platforms, particularly on ANs. By the 'ZIF connector problem' are you referring to the front keypad PWB that is inside the front cover that the display plugs into?

That part is easily obtainable. What version display do you have, what version does it have stenciled on the flex that is plugged into the PWB coming from the display board? If its the C04 display, you should still change it, along with the PWB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    I am sure that someone here on the board can fix it. You need to get your display working first so you can see what's going on. 14 to 19 changes through an architecture change that has presented problems on some platforms, particularly on ANs. By the 'ZIF connector problem' are you referring to the front keypad PWB that is inside the front cover that the display plugs into?

That part is easily obtainable. What version display do you have, what version does it have stenciled on the flex that is plugged into the PWB coming from the display board? If its the C04 display, you should still change it, along with the PWB.
    yes.. I hope so...
    45pin ZIF connector on the logic board. the one which connect LCD flex cable..

Thanks

Ewww. Those are harder to replace, but they can also be done, with patience. The parts can be ordered from Motorola, but if your radio has that many problems, you might just want to consider a flat rate repair at this point, as long as it has valid tags. It will come back with the newest firmware, and all the issues repaired. You will probably need R20 to read it afterwards, though.

Thanks

the connector was replace once by a friend. it work well until I open & close the radio housing for several times.
    I forgot the connector pitch, 0.3 or 0.5mm.

what you mean with "valid tags"?

my xts2500 serial number is 407CDMXXX

Motorola here (Malaysia) not do the XTS as it for strictly for government use only.

Anyone can help me with it?