Thread: Transplant of vocoder from Q to R split UHF

Thanks

Default Transplant of vocoder from Q to R split UHF

I had a Q Split radio flashed for P25, and an R Split that wasn't. I read the S Records from the R Split, transferred the vocoder, then used FDBtool to add Q806 and IMBE options.The radio shows the correct flashcode now, but there are still no ASTRO options when I use CPS. -- what else needs to be done to make it recognize the P-25 capable flash in the transferred vocoder board?

iamjason No Longer Registered

Are you trying to get P25 in a radio with an ancient "analog only" DSP? If so, you would need to take the working DSP board out of the Q-Split radio as well as the vocoder. Usually better to transfer both the DSP and Vocoder board anyway, to ensure you don't get a DSP/Host mismatch.

Or by P25 are you referring to 9600bps trunking? If you're trying to get 9600bps working in anything but an 800 radio its simply not possible. The host only supports 800. If you need VHF or UHF you need to get yourself something newer than a 3k.

Thanks

I think you hit it with "Working" board. I put everything back, and found that the flashcode that was apparently hacked into the donor spectra doesn't reflect what firmware is really there, i.e., P-25 didn't work in the original unit at 420 Mhz either. Someone just changed the flashcode but didn't actually upgrade any firmware, it seems. Wasted half a day on this!