Thread: desperately seeking XPR5550 tech info.. ?

Mark No Longer Registered

Default desperately seeking XPR5550 tech info.. ?

Well, I'm not desperate, but as I'm waiting to take delivery of a high power XPR5550 & am chiefly looking for a bit of info about the accessory connector on the back,
    and something a bit more technical than the user manual .. as i'm reasonably sure i could find the on/off switch & volume control all by myself, given enough time ..

I've got several basic or corporate PDFs & a few Trbo applications .. but accessory port info or anything electronic seems a bit rare..
    i wont even ask about service manuals, as I'm sure they're not free.. and even rarer..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,010 Posts

The basic service manual is available, but the detailed service manual is restricted distribution to certain dealers only who have signed a non-disclosure with Motorola, due to copyright infringement with the Chinese trying to duplicate the radios. The accessory connector information is basically the same for all Trbo radios, and is available in the basic service manual. Pretty sure the BSM is available here.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks
    Thanked 8,704 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well, I'm not desperate, but as I'm waiting to take delivery of a high power XPR5550 & am chiefly looking for a bit of info about the accessory connector on the back,
    and something a bit more technical than the user manual .. as i'm reasonably sure i could find the on/off switch & volume control all by myself, given enough time ..

I've got several basic or corporate PDFs & a few Trbo applications .. but accessory port info or anything electronic seems a bit rare..
    i wont even ask about service manuals, as I'm sure they're not free.. and even rarer..
    Hi, if you care to search the forum, or navigate to the correct area, we do have the basic and detailed service manuals for the 4550.

https://www.p25.ca/threads/1031-XPR4...ervice-Manuals

Thanks again Mars .. i understand now, and i understand Motorola's position too, but i wasn't aware this was the case, but i suspected /\/\ would be keeping their cards close to their chest, and looking at one or two of the new digital Chinese HTs its little wonder. Good to see there's some info available, and thankyou for pointing me in the right direction once again Mars ...

Thanks com501 .. understood, they dont want the er, shall we say, 'Far Eastern' manufacturers making clones of their stuff.. or any increase on them doing so.. i thought it was a little odd that they were quite obviously plagiarizing some of Moto's ideas along their way, while Moto was well known for (quite rightly) protecting its I.P. i guess the Moto stuff lasts & works & the 'other' stuff falls to bits after a short while though. nice to hear the info is out there, as i now have the info i was looking for.
    Thanks again
    Mark