Thread: APX6K disable speaker

Thanks

Default APX6K disable speaker

I was told there is a setting somewhere in the Profile menu that allows me to enable/disable the main or secondary speaker. However, I see no such option. Does this exist in the CPS? BTW - I'm running CPS v10.01

Thanks

There are some settings under radio ergonomics - radio profiles.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

I just found it. Apparently I can't disable the main speaker, which is what I was hoping to do for a particular profile. I guess I can't have it all

Thanks

You can on the 7K in the Survellance tab, in fact it is a default setting for that profile. Now on a 6K, not sure. I have one as a demo but not right here I can play with. Sucks if the 6K won't turn off for those stealthy guys not using earpieces.....

EDIT... I am looking at the 6K codeplug in CPS 10.01.00. There is a tab in Ergonomics / Profiles / Survelliance that shows that you can select disable internal speaker. You saying that there is no change when you select disable and rewrite the radio? Also try Expert view, should not make a difference but since all of us who use APX radios know, we seem to be the Beta testers for things and there have been new updates to CPS and firmware for more stupid reasons over the life of APX.....
    Last edited by mss-dave; Nov 05, 2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added info....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mss-dave View Post
    You can on the 7K in the Survellance tab, in fact it is a default setting for that profile. Now on a 6K, not sure. I have one as a demo but not right here I can play with. Sucks if the 6K won't turn off for those stealthy guys not using earpieces.....

EDIT... I am looking at the 6K codeplug in CPS 10.01.00. There is a tab in Ergonomics / Profiles / Survelliance that shows that you can select disable internal speaker. You saying that there is no change when you select disable and rewrite the radio? Also try Expert view, should not make a difference but since all of us who use APX radios know, we seem to be the Beta testers for things and there have been new updates to CPS and firmware for more stupid reasons over the life of APX.....

Turns out you are correct; I looked at my 7K and 6K and found the options are different. On the 7K I am able to select which speaker to have on/off. On the 6K I could disable the secondary but not the primary speaker. My hopes was to set a profile where the primary speaker is off but the secondary/internal speaker is on for instances when I want the radio on a desktop with the display facing me and not want the audio blasting toward the other side of the radio.

Thanks

Maybe I'm wrong (and sorry if this is slightly off-topic), but to the best of my knowledge, the APX 6000 (regular or XE) doesn't have a "secondary" speaker like the 7000 does. And the "main" speaker isn't the larger 7000 speaker.. it's smaller and not as loud. That was the first thing I noticed on a VHF 6000 that I once owned.

Thanks

I'm by no means an expert on these apx radios, but I'm fairly sure it does have a secondary speaker. I assume this because of the option in the pre-loaded "surveillance profile" that turns off the secondary speaker but keeps the main speaker on.

Thanks

The 6K's don't have a second rear speaker like the 7K's do.