Thread: Is there an Emergency button reset procedure?

MotoMike No Longer Registered

Default Is there an Emergency button reset procedure?

I was wondering if there is something that needs to be done after the emergency button was pressed on an XTL2500/XTL5000? I've been doing some reading about the O5 head installation and XTL install manual and there is some talk about battery drain and pins going high/grounding etc.. I was just curious if the button was pressed if there needs to be something reset in the unit to make it function properly again whether it be code related or jumper reset? I took apart the 26 pin connector and noticed a white wire which is jumpered.. (dash mount installation).. I have a feeling I may have pressed the button before my unit stopped functioning.. Thanks..

Thanks
    Thanked 8,389 Times in 2,315 Posts

To reset the emergency button, simply hold it down for two seconds.

apco25guy No Longer Registered

Mars is correct.

Powering off and powering on the radio again should also clear the emergency state of the radio. Holding down the emergency button is quicker and the preferred method of cancelling the emergency state.

You mention that your unit stopped functioning.......... If your emerg button is setup for emergency and it went into emergency mode, that would not have anything to do with a radio that doesn't function. If your radio is being used in a way that isn't authorized, you may have other problems = unit not working.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

eeeyeaahhhh. Perhaps the non-affiliate method and no one thought to disable the emergency button?
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

so could it have been possible that the unit did this on it's own? I acquired the radio from a police auction.. it could have most likely come from a drug raid, or something along those lines where someone would need a secure trunking system. The local police and emergency use Harris radios, so i know this isn't one of theirs.. I saw the trunks and configuration in the radio before I lost it, so i know the programming was still in there from the previous owner. I wasn't able to get the CPS info or anything unfortunately.. The trunk lines were also silent during operation.. It really baffles me how the unit could be working perfectly for a bit then fail the way it did, unless there's a reason it did it.
    - anyone have any ideas? I'm trying not to beat a dead horse with my repeated comments..

on a side note.. I'm looking into purchasing an HKN6184c cable.. my question is, would I have any trouble READING the radio with Astro 25 Tuner software version R04.01.00? or do I need a newer tuner software version?.. it's the only one i've got.

Thanks again for all your comments guys, i greatly appreciate the feedback as a novice to this type of radio.

I did try to sign up to MOL like alot of people suggested, but my application was denied because i'm not a reseller or part of a government agency.. how about a hobbiest who loves radio! GRR! oh well.. see below:

FR: bdwh46

Thank you for your patience and thank you very much for your interest in our P25 radio products. Your request for MOL access is denied for the following reasons. MOL is meant mainly as an ordering tool for Motorola resellers. As well, MOL does not contain detailed information on P25 radios as these products have a restricted distribution within our dealer reseller channel. P25 is not part of the standard product portfolio available to our authorized Motorola Radio Solutions Channel Partners (aka two-way radio dealers).

There is spec sheet information on these products on www.motorolasolutions.com under the product tab - public safety radios. You can also contact one of our authorized P25 resellers who can speak to you about the XTL5000 mobile. If at some point you plan to make a purchase for your company’s use, you would need to purchase from one of our authorized resellers as Motorola Solutions does not sell radio products directly to non-government accounts.

Thank you,
    Canada US
    (800) 422-4210

by the way, here's what the radio's doing.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhQYo6YDkv8[/VIDEO]

Thanks

I am assuming you have the rear accessory connector with the jumper, speaker plug and ignition sense wire installed, and the ignition sense wire is connected to 12 volts along with the main power wire?

Yes, you are correct.. it's on my test bench connected to a Samlex 100amp P/S.. Emergency jumper from 14 to 15 pin, and a fused switch to control the ignition sense. Main power wires are to +'ve, and i've got a grounding bus bar between the P/S and the radio. Radio acts the same in the car..

Thanks

Can you power up the radio in firmware mode?

what's the button combination for firmware mode? i'm unfamiliar with the procedure.

Thanks

You sure it's not inhibited? And press home button 5x after start up to get into service mode.

Thanks

It has to start to get into service mode. The indication is its not starting. The only option is to try to force it into flash mode. PWR+EMER+RightHand SOFT KEY. If it DOESN'T come up, you are probably inhibited.

You are dead in the water otherwise until you get a programming cable and CURRENT SOFTWARE. We are currently at R20.00.00. You need CPS, NOT Tuner, and R04 is so painfully old as to be useless.

If the radio is inhibited, congrats, you own a brick. MAYBE someone here can recover it, maybe not.

Ok.. it worked.. in firmware mode now

2013-11-08 02.02.44.jpg

this is great, thanks so much for your help.. it looks like the software is older than I am.. lol.. so what does this tell you about the radio? does it need a flash to power on?

Thanks

That r05 bootloader is actually very recent, they don't follow the host version, i.e. bootloader r05 does not go with host r05. You need a programming cable to try and read it. I would build a rear 26pin usb one as all you would need are some pins and a old usb cable to hack up.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte