Thread: CPS not responding radio still in 1 CSQ

av8or91 No Longer Registered

Default CPS not responding radio still in 1 CSQ

So I went in to make some frequency changes and as I was writing the radio and got the 1 beep 1 CSQ came up and then CPS said not responding. Radio has been in 1 CSQ for a few minutes now, should I disconnect and try again or what is the best course of action. Have never had this problem so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 998 Posts

What kind of radio?
    What version of CPS?
    What kind of programming cable?
    Rib? Ribless?

Did you save your codeplug BEFORE you started?

First time with this radio?

What version of operating system?

How fast is your computer?
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks
    Thanked 8,484 Times in 2,342 Posts

This thread is a perfect example of a terrible first-post in a thread.

av8or91 No Longer Registered

Sorry for not giving more info at the time I guess I was kind if in panic mode. It is an XTS 3000 Model 2 and I am using using CPS 05.03.00 with a Motorola cable and a RIB. I am running Windows XP on my mac with VMWARE and have had no problems in the past just for some reason it decided to lock up last night and could not figure out what to do. I ended up turning the radio off disconnecting everything and turning it back on. Luckily everything still works. Glad I could make an example for a terrible first post!

Thanks

The first thing you should is. As good as VMware is you go out and buy yourself a nice 150 dollar computer that has windows xp. Emulators can work but if things happen you'll have a paper weight. Xp computers can be found everywhere for dirt cheap.

Thanks

I have a MAC with VMWARE and have been using a MAc since 1984. Although the combination works well with some applications I had issues in the past programming Astro Sabers and the 3000. The USB adapter is not very friendly in this configuration and does not like to communicate between the computer and the rib box with ease. I found that is you try and read the firmware version (it will fail and not recognize the port) it actually will communicates and allow you to read and write to the device. This worked for me in most cases. The OEM USB cables appear to operate fine with Astro 25. However, there is no substitute for a good working Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 or an equivalent computer.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 998 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree. Buy a $150 toughbook with Windows XP on it and save yourself a whole bunch of heartache. If Motorola had meant you to use an Apple product, they would have written software for it.

No sense in making a brick if you don't have to, its easy enough to do even if you are doing things correctly.
    "God as my witness" - Jeremy Dewitte - Felon

Thanks

Amen brother!