Thread: Gateway Free IPSC From Mobile

Thanks

Default Gateway Free IPSC From Mobile

I am wondering if anyone knows of/ has worked with anything besides CTI TrboVui and MotoTRBO Anywhere (am looking for something gateway/base free). This is another example but I don't know if it requires a gateway: http://www.safemobile.com/solution-s...tch-mobile.php

Thanks

Thanks

If you download the white paper available on the link you've given, you'll see it requires a base station. Why do you need to avoid a base station solution? The only one I'm aware of that doesn't use a base station is MotoTRBO Anywhere...but it still requires a gateway box connected to an XRT9000...hence it's for Connect Plus only.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. By gateway I did not mean control station. In an ideal sense, you have IPSC to an app server and that is it IMO. I am aware that the safemobile product requires a control station, it does NOT however require a gateway I was able to figure out. For example, CTI TrboVUI DOES require a gateway AND control station.

I am currently running the SafeMobile demo and although the dispatch application is nothing special, the android app is more feature filled than TrboVUI. All of the fleet features are present and the app is free (so there are no per-seat fees).

I can't get audio to work though to the android client. I have a "RX" control station (speaker mic headphone plug into computer soundcard) and a TX station, both USB PMKN cable and earbud tightly taped to mic and plugged into line out. (This is obviously temporary for testing only)

I will try UPNP on the firewall equipment later (I can't do local since I don't have WiFi right now and no USB LAN for the android client as well as subnetting constraints).

IPSC is my preference due to flexibility in some site locations I am evaluating this for.

Does anyone have experience with the SafeMobile who could provide insight on the audio issue?