Thread: APX 6000 Emergency button

Thanks

Default APX 6000 Emergency button

Ok another question from my Chief. He wants the Emergency button working. Were on a VHF, non trunked, non astro system. From what I see i will be able to get the radio too alarm on the channel its on. Was not able to find were I am able to give the radio an ID so dispatch will know who is alarming. Also whats with the polite and impolite stuff? (i think i got a good idea but not sure.) I had this set up but never put in to service on our old 1550s but the settings look a little different then i remember. Thanks for any help.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

Quick Answers:

1) The radios can alarm on a dedicated channel also, besides the one they are on. That's called "Emergency Revert".
    2) The ID will be in whatever signalling you are using, i.e. for MDC it will be in the MDC system definition. It's called Individual ID or Unit ID or Radio ID or something creative like that, a 4 digit hex number with a few particular restrictions.
    3) Polite means wait for traffic to go away before transmitting, impolite means blast away regardless. Similar to "Smart PTT" which tries to be "polite".

Thanks

Thanks, Is the signaling type dependent on the system that Dispatch is using or more of what my and the surrounding departments want to use since it sounds like it will be staying on the tac the incident is on and all others will move to a secondary tac?

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

The signalling is determine by which one you select for that personality. You will want to chose the one that matches your system usage (probably MDC).

Thanks

There are a few things you're going to have to do. I don't have CPS in front of me right now, but I can open it up later and walk you through it step-by-step if it would help. Here are a couple quick thoughts off the top of my head:

To make it easier, which version of CPS are you using (9 or 10.0)?

The first thing you will have to do it create a list of IDs in the Universal Call list. Assign each radio an ID number, and corresponding name you want displayed, in the Universal Call list. Once you do that, you'll have to create a "Hot List" from the IDs in the main list. The Conventional Personality you're using will reference this "Hot List" (select this list in the Conventional Personality). After that's done, each radio needs to know the ID it's going to transmit on PTT - enter this in the Conventional Personality as well. Don't forget to enable PTT ID (at the beginning or end or transmission), and enable PTT ID display. The dispatch console will also need the Hot List data.

Enable the emergency button under Radio Ergonomics / Controls / Buttons. Next, edit the Emergency Profile as needed. You might have to play around with the features here a bit to tweak it to your needs (do you want automatic hot mic, do you want it to revert to a specific channel on emergency, silent alarm, etc.).

Thanks

Thanks, great info. I know I have some channels I am not supposed to transmit an id on. I am on a conventional 150 MHz. I am going to get the radios up to R11 when I get back to work. But, that gives me a great place to start and show my Chief that it can be done. If and or when it happens is a whole other things.
    One day I hope to be able to answer a question not just ask them.