Thread: Lowband X9000 service manual wanted

PRC148 No Longer Registered

Default Lowband X9000 service manual wanted

Do these even exist in electronic form? If so, anyone got one. I would even settle for another band if I had to. I just want to analyze the way the thing works.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

The X9000 was RIGHT BEFORE the electronic manual revolution. It was probably the last model/system to be on paper only. The X9000 systems stuff that there are are PDF's of are the parts that were upgraded to Spectra/X9000 (W9). Unless someone has scanned in their manuals and wants to share, you may be out of luck...

Also, the X9000's never really had whole manuals, the manuals were in the form of supplements to the existing Syntor-X manuals to update them with personality board and control head info, which was really the only thing that was different from the original Syntor-X radios.
    Last edited by Alpha; May 28, 2012 at 02:03 AM.

OK, good to know, thanks.

I guess I am looking for the control head and personality manuals then. I want to see if I can make one VFO tunable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

Some work was done to that end but not on the X9000, to the original Syntor-X. There was something made called an Xcat that allowed PC control of a Syntor-X radio. I think it allowed open VFO tuning and scanning, at least it allowed for easy PC programming, I'm not totally sure.

A quick Googling finds: http://www.repeater-builder.com/moto...tor-index.html

It mentions the Xcat board. Something like that for the X9000 would be nice, or something like it. They were one of the best mobile radios ever made.

Something like the "remoto" project for them would be most excellent: http://www.p25.ca/threads/210-SB9600...ghlight=remoto

Thanks

Have a complete one in good shape ...68p80101w95-D ...1992 sh ...yellow diagonal strip across the pc board print covers.
    This was a later version since these were some of the last LB X9000 's that came in new from Motorola.
    Has a decent section on the X9000 head which is why I kept it

Are you selling it?

Thanks

sure
    Send me a PM

Thanks

It would be real nice if someone could scan it to .pdf.

Thanks

I may have one as well,(if i can find it, just moved) I dont have a way to scan it to pdf though. I would be willing dig it out and to send it to someone who can and would be willing to scan it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    I've never really bothered 'playing' with ADP (it's like owning a Harley but still riding a tricycle)

Thanks

I'd be happy to put it through the sheet feed scanner.

Just to check though...

http://www.repeater-builder.com/moto...80101w95-d.pdf

Seems to be what you are looking for...