4G LTE NMO Antenna

Status

sarguy1941

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
As the title says. Looking for a good NMO mount LTE antenna for my Sierra Wireless. I work in less than desirable locations and frequently have little to no cell coverage. Since the Sierra wireless Ive been able to gain some ground with a antenna but the sharkfin was still lacking. I have recently went to the wilson but its kinda cheap. I tried a larsen pepper shaker and it worked about as good as the fin. I know no coverage will still happen but looking for a good antenna.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It would probably behoove you to list what band(s) or at minimum what carrier you use. There are about a bazillion LTE bands and most of them are carrier specific

OP
sarguy1941

sarguy1941

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Sorry its a Verizon sim. I had a FirstNet sim but it was useless in SW VA. Switch to Verizon and is much better but still lacking.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Also interested in this as I have a couple Panasonic laptops and tablets with docking stations that accept an external antenna.

Reactions: ndp

axel

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I've been using a Laird TRA6927M3NB on my truck for the past year. Seems to work pretty well, especially if you're looking for low-profile. Works with pretty much every cell band except for the new 5G stuff.

Fringe areas it does get a little dicey, and I've been looking for something a little higher gain, but it seems like most options out there right now are similar low-profile designs.

OP
sarguy1941

sarguy1941

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I've been using a Laird TRA6927M3NB on my truck for the past year. Seems to work pretty well, especially if you're looking for low-profile. Works with pretty much every cell band except for the new 5G stuff.

Fringe areas it does get a little dicey, and I've been looking for something a little higher gain, but it seems like most options out there right now are similar low-profile designs.
Thanks. I had tried the Laird first. Just doesnt' have the umf I need for my area. Guessing i'll just stick with the wilson Whip for now until I find something better.

AMBE+2

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
NMO cans or bolt through mimo type antennas are your choice. That Wilson whip probably should be swept as they've sold it since analog cell band days and most likely doesn't cover current bands fully.

OP
sarguy1941

sarguy1941

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That may be the case. I got mine last year for a 4G wilson amp to use at home and the mobile antenna didn't work. Had to install a yagi on the tower to get ok 4g inside my house. The Laird NMO I was using drops out in one section I drive a good mile before the wilson which is why I stuck with it. I'll have to pull the anritsu out today when I get on the job site and sweep it to see what it looks like.

Status