Thread: Recovering from "FW Mismatch. Pwr Off/Reload" error

Thanks

Default Recovering from "FW Mismatch. Pwr Off/Reload" error

So I've been tinkering around with firmware on the Tait TM9154. I got myself stuck in a situation where the TMAC70 control head microphone would just show "fw mismatch, pwr off/reload" and not respond any further.

After freaking out for a little while, I found by trial and error that if you hold the F4 function button on the control mic while you turn the radio on, you will go into "Upgrade mode". From there, you can start sending firmware to the radio/mic again to recover it.

I thought I'd document this here incase other people come across this.

The documentation also notes:
    2. Read and save the radio’s calibration database using the relevant calibration application.
    3. Read and save the radio’s programming database using the relevant programming application.

I'd say it is a safe bet that you MUST to this before upgrading / downgrading / playing with firmware on these units. If they go out of calibration, then you'll need to pay someone to recalibrate the lot...

Thanks

Tried upgrading the F/W for the graphical control head using the above proceedure. No success.

Any ideas of how to carry out this proceedure with the graphical control head? I have a version 6 body with a version 7 head.

Thanks

One of the buttons should put it into Upgrade Mode. Turn it off, then press and hold one button at a time while turning it on. Eventually one button should help you...