Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: manual firmware download mode

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 13, 2012
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 59 Times in 19 Posts

    Default manual firmware download mode

    6550 EMG + PTT will bring up the flashzap bootloader
    anyone know what the 4550 combo is? i tried everything.. fingers getting tired.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 21, 2011
    Posts
    4,131
    Thanks
    2,776
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Country: Canada

    Default

    ASTRO (XTL) mobiles are traditionally the EMERG + right-most softkey. Have you tried all of the button combos? (FYI for anyone reading this in the future, there's no way to force FZ mode in the ASTRO Spectra Plus radio.)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 13, 2012
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 59 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    most, but my A.D.D. is getting the better part of me.. will continue searching..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 27, 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 35 Times in 21 Posts
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    ASTRO (XTL) mobiles are traditionally the EMERG + right-most softkey. Have you tried all of the button combos? (FYI for anyone reading this in the future, there's no way to force FZ mode in the ASTRO Spectra Plus radio.)
    And while we're at it, (I apologize in advance, don't mean to hijack the thread) what about forcing FZ on an XTL with a W7 head? I'm guessing the same as an AS+?

  5. #5
    rad2085 No Longer Registered

    Default

    I have been able to get an XTL into FZ mode before, but with an 03 head. I have tried numerous things and I have never been able to force firmware into the XTL's at all. I have also heard from other people that it is not possible either. I ended up purchasing an iButton and doing it properly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 27, 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 35 Times in 21 Posts
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rad2085 View Post
    I have been able to get an XTL into FZ mode before, but with an 03 head. I have tried numerous things and I have never been able to force firmware into the XTL's at all. I have also heard from other people that it is not possible either. I ended up purchasing an iButton and doing it properly.
    Okee dokee. That's too bad. Oh well, no harm in asking! Thanks rad!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 12, 2011
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    1,201
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 314 Times in 152 Posts
    Country: United States

    Default

    I don't believe the W series heads will support forced bootstrap mode.

  8. #8
    cyrus's Avatar
    cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2012
    Location
    Moonbase Alpha
    Posts
    773
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 273 Times in 125 Posts
    Country: Japan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rad2085
    I have been able to get an XTL into FZ mode before, but with an 03 head. I have tried numerous things and I have never been able to force firmware into the XTL's at all. I have also heard from other people that it is not possible either. I ended up purchasing an iButton and doing it properly.
    I've done O5's and O3's without any major problems.

    I find the serial cable is much more reliable then USB.
    Cyrus

    Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 18, 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    XTL2500 XTL5000 50W 110W
    O3 O5 W3 support forced bootstrap mode Support but not require special key combination

  10. #10
    cyrus's Avatar
    cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Join Date
    Jan 05, 2012
    Location
    Moonbase Alpha
    Posts
    773
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 273 Times in 125 Posts
    Country: Japan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bg4wsw
    XTL2500 XTL5000 50W 110W
    O3 O5 W3 support forced bootstrap mode Support but not require special key combination
    On the O5 you hold the right most menu button and the orange emergency button while powering up.
    Cyrus

    Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.