Thread: Astro Saber Help.

NJ9A No Longer Registered

Default Astro Saber Help.

Hello, I have 2 VHF Astor Saber both give me fail 01/92 at power up. When i use CPS i get radio and codeplug feature set are diffent.
    I can use Lab RSS to put a UHF codeplug in change it in Lab to VHF and the radios will TX on VHF But no RX at all. I have 1 VHF codeplug from radio 1 and 1 s record I downloaded. Using Lab RSS I can load the codeplug and s record into the radios but Both give me fail 01/92 and radio and codeplug feature set are diffent with the CPS on both radios.
    Thank you for any help!

Radio 1 H04KDH9PW7AN Model 3 512K Flashcode 100008-000000-0

Radio 2 H04KDH9PW7AN Model 3 1Meg Flashcode 540001-000000-4

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts

You need some clean s-records, and you need to stop messing around with "Lab". There is no ASTRO (Saber/XTS3000) "Lab" that works. The only useful tool is MTSX Labtool R03.00.02, dated 10/24/94 (on bootup screen). This tool allows you to read a s-record or archive from disk without unpacking, then blast it into any ASTRO-family radio.

Can you tell us what you want to do? What's the end-result you're looking for here? The post is somewhat confusing.

If you've REALLY screwed your radios up and can't figure out how to fix them, consider sending GS4 a PM. He's relatively close to you and may be willing to repair/restore/align them for you. Yes, align. By messing with those s-records and "Lab", you've completely wiped the tuning data from those radios. Nothing which can't be fixed, but they're definitely not worthy of being on the airwaves, as-is.

Good luck and please take my advice about not doing any further messing around with "Lab". It's like trying to flush an already overflowing toilet at this stage.

Sorry for being confusing. I was using Lab B03.04.00 I will stop using it. What i was trying to do (with no luck). I had old CPS R02.05.00 but radios where programed with newer CPS. I read a post about getting around this but it went south. I now have a copy of CPS R05.03.00.

What i would like to do is get the radios back up and running with H806 IMBE Digital (both radio had before) And be able to program with CPS R05.03.00. Maybe update the flash and DSP but if i can get them back at all I'd be happy.
    Thank you for any help.

Neo No Longer Registered

Your best bet is to load a good srec into the radios with MTSX labtool and retune the radios. That's the easy part. Upgrading the firmware requires a SmartRIB and flashport flash cable. SmartRIBS run $200-300, if you can even find one, and the flash cable runs around $150.

Thank you, I will just try to get the radios back up and ruining and ill be happy. I have been looking for MTSX labtool. Does anyone know where i can get it?

I have a VHF S rec i picked up from here. Flashcode is not the same but has H806 IMBE Digital and more. I don't Know if its for 1Meg are 512K.
    Would this work for one of the radios? Does the flashcode have to be the same?

Thanks

First we dont encourage the the use of internally leaked software even if you can find it easilly on the net.

Second when you load the srecord into the radio the radio will become whatever the srecord was. You should already know that. The only issue might be a feature not currently supported by your radios flash. As far as the size is concerned. Its a 1 meg file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    First we dont encourage the the use of internally leaked software even if you can find it easilly on the net.

Second when you load the srecord into the radio the radio will become whatever the srecord was. You should already know that. The only issue might be a feature not currently supported by your radios flash. As far as the size is concerned. Its a 1 meg file.
    Adding on to what Notorola said, the donor S-Record also contains the serial number. Your serial number is going to change and should be changed back.

GS4 is offline Inactive CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

I can help if it gets to that point.

GS

I got it. The s record i had got turned into an archive file. I downloaded it again and got it to work fine. Got to change the serial numbers but the radios are working.
    Thank you for the help.

Thanks

Exellent. We are happy you got things fixed up.

va2kh No Longer Registered

Hello Notaola, could you explain how to write the new S rec on my Saber III with MTSXLAB ?

Thank you !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by va2kh View Post
    Hello Notaola, could you explain how to write the new S rec on my Saber III with MTSXLAB ?

Thank you !
    We don't support lab/depot here. Read the rules in the announcement forum.